what to upgrade first

hai, i have a really great setup for my audio but i want to know what i should upgrade first. 

speakers or my amplifier?

i got a pair of Bose 2.2 seriers II from 1992

and 2 pair of self-assembled speakers ( one pair car speakers pioneer TS-A6987 with)

the two pair speakers has a passive crossover

my amplifier is a Onkyo stereo receiver TX-8020

i use a dac (Creative Soundblaster X7)

i use spotify but I use foobar2000 most of the time with lossless files

(there is a photo with my speakers)

and if you have sugggetions i want to invest in my equipment for the future

spacer.pngspacer.png20191006_121433.thumb.jpg.b9ec15328980fb892e9792d3fbbf8b96.jpg

As long as they still sound good, keep em. 

The older speakers (I have a pair in the garage from the 70's) were built to last and produced fantastic Sound! Something I dont think I could get today for the same price. Keep in mind these are the old Tower Speakers.

52 minutes ago, tetenteten said:

hai, i have a really great setup for my audio but i want to know what i should upgrade first. 

speakers or my amplifier?

i got a pair of Bose 2.2 seriers II from 1992

and 2 pair of self-assembled speakers ( one pair car speakers pioneer TS-A6987 with)

the two pair speakers has a passive crossover

my amplifier is a Onkyo stereo receiver TX-8020

i use a dac (Creative Soundblaster X7)

i use spotify but I use foobar2000 most of the time with lossless files

(there is a photo with my speakers)

and if you have sugggetions i want to invest in my equipment for the future

spacer.pngspacer.png20191006_121433.thumb.jpg.b9ec15328980fb892e9792d3fbbf8b96.jpg

Your amplifier is honestly going to last for years yet, Speaker's contribute more to how your music sounds compared to an amp or DAC. I would grab new speaker's, they'll have stiffer cabinets so will resonate less, Will most likely have a better frequency response, and better power handling. What's your budget?

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

55 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

Your amplifier is honestly going to last for years yet, Speaker's contribute more to how your music sounds compared to an amp or DAC. I would grab new speaker's, they'll have stiffer cabinets so will resonate less, Will most likely have a better frequency response, and better power handling. What's your budget?

thanks for your information. i don't have a budget at the moment. i need to do research for speakers. i want to have hi res audio. 

if you have a sugggetions for speakers i want to hear it

9 minutes ago, tetenteten said:

thanks for your information. i don't have a budget at the moment. i need to do research for speakers. i want to have hi res audio. 

Kinda hard to suggest things without a budget, I could tell you to get the $10,000 cost speakers if you want.

20 hours ago, tetenteten said:

I can give lots of reccomendations

Kef LS50

Magico loudspeakers M2

PMC FACT Fenestria (speaker's i currently have)

Klipsch r-41m

Klipsch RP-600M

Klipsch RP-260F

Klipsch RP-500M

Wharfedale Diamond 9.1

Yamaha NSBP182

buchardt audio S400

Bowers & Wilkins 803D3 (my previous pair of loudspeakers)

Sony SSCS5

Sony SSCS3

Micca MB42X

Micca RB42

Micca OoO

ELAC Debut 2.0 B6.2

ELAC Uni-fi UB5

Kef Q150

Kef Q350

SVS Prime bookshelf

Dali Oberon

Monitor Audio bronze 2

Tannoy eclipse mini

Q Acoustics 3010/3020

Cambridge audio SX60/SX50

Fyne audio F300

Fyne audio F500

Fyne audio F501

And many more. These are just some of what i would pick, Granted the Magico M2's are 45,000 pounds, and so are the PMC FACT Fenestria's, But there are some excellent budget options there to. Just ask any questions and I'd be really happy to answer them :)

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

5 hours ago, Necrovarius said:

Kinda hard to suggest things without a budget, I could tell you to get the $10,000 cost speakers if you want.

haha $10,000 is a lot. for a pair of hi res speakers under €/$1000

4 hours ago, Derkoli said:

Kef LS50

Magico loudspeakers M2

Klipsch r-41m

Klipsch RP-600M

Klipsch RP-260F

Klipsch RP-500M

Wharfedale Diamond 9.1

Yamaha NSBP182

buchardt audio S400

Sony SSCS5

Sony SSCS3

Micca MB42X

ELAC Debut 2.0 B6.2

ELAC Uni-fi UB5

Kef Q150

Kef Q350

SVS Prime bookshelf

Dali Oberon

Monitor Audio bronze 2

Tannoy eclipse mini

Q Acoustics 3010/3020

Fyne audio F300

Fyne audio F500

Fyne audio F501

And many more. These are just some of what i would pick, Granted the Magico M2's are 45,000 pounds, and so are the PMC FACT Fenestria's, But there are some excellent budget options there to. Just ask any questions and I'd be really happy to answer them :)

thanks for al the sugggetions. but do you know a bookshelf speakers that are higher then 40cm (it is vereist for my setup) my budget is under €1000 for a pair of speakers

8 minutes ago, tetenteten said:

thanks for al the sugggetions. but do you know a bookshelf speakers that are higher then 40cm (it is vereist for my setup) my budget is under €1000 for a pair of speakers

So you have a really good budget, I would recommend getting isoacoustics stands, and normal speakers. Most bookshelf's arent that all as the volume of the cabinet will be too large to match most drivers.

For that price, I would look at a pair of MartinLogan Motion 35xt, really nice little set of speakers. MartinLogan know what they are doing.

Also check out the SVS Ultra bookshelf's, really highly regarded for the price. Excellent for music and home theater.

The Focal Aria 906's are also really good. Focal make mostly super-high end speaker's so yeah. Lots of trickle down technology went into these.

https://www.amazon.com/MartinLogan-Motion-Gloss-Bookshelf-Speakers/dp/B015RZ2PSW/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=MartinLogan+Motion+35xt&qid=1570385582&sr=8-2

https://www.amazon.com/SVS-Ultra-Bookshelf-Speaker-Pair/dp/B00WR1OOSO/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=SVS+ultra&qid=1570385605&sr=8-2

https://www.amazon.com/Focal-2-Way-Reflex-Bookshelf-Speakers/dp/B012BCU450/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Focal+906&qid=1570385619&sr=8-1

5 hours ago, Derkoli said:

So you have a really good budget, I would recommend getting isoacoustics stands, and normal speakers. Most bookshelf's arent that all as the volume of the cabinet will be too large to match most drivers.

For that price, I would look at a pair of MartinLogan Motion 35xt, really nice little set of speakers. MartinLogan know what they are doing.

Also check out the SVS Ultra bookshelf's, really highly regarded for the price. Excellent for music and home theater.

The Focal Aria 906's are also really good. Focal make mostly super-high end speaker's so yeah. Lots of trickle down technology went into these.

https://www.amazon.com/MartinLogan-Motion-Gloss-Bookshelf-Speakers/dp/B015RZ2PSW/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=MartinLogan+Motion+35xt&qid=1570385582&sr=8-2

https://www.amazon.com/SVS-Ultra-Bookshelf-Speaker-Pair/dp/B00WR1OOSO/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=SVS+ultra&qid=1570385605&sr=8-2

https://www.amazon.com/Focal-2-Way-Reflex-Bookshelf-Speakers/dp/B012BCU450/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Focal+906&qid=1570385619&sr=8-1

The Focal's are definitely a good recommendation. I have a pair of the chorus 706's and frankly for the price im not sure there is much better. And they are amazingly good for near field listening.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

18 hours ago, Derkoli said:

Kef LS50

Magico loudspeakers M2

Klipsch r-41m

Klipsch RP-600M

Klipsch RP-260F

Klipsch RP-500M

Wharfedale Diamond 9.1

Yamaha NSBP182

buchardt audio S400

Sony SSCS5

Sony SSCS3

Micca MB42X

ELAC Debut 2.0 B6.2

ELAC Uni-fi UB5

Kef Q150

Kef Q350

SVS Prime bookshelf

Dali Oberon

Monitor Audio bronze 2

Tannoy eclipse mini

Q Acoustics 3010/3020

Fyne audio F300

Fyne audio F500

Fyne audio F501

Should maybe upgrade that list with the micca rb42's and possibly the micca OoO not even fucking kidding that's what they desired to call their new center channel like pair of speakers

59 minutes ago, rice guru said:

Should maybe upgrade that list with the micca rb42's and possibly the micca OoO not even fucking kidding that's what they desired to call their new center channel like pair of speakers

"zis is my pair of Micca oOoOoOo's" (ill add the RB42's)

Edit: Those Micca OoO's look really interesting, defo look like a small center channel.

Edited by Derkoli

15 hours ago, Derkoli said:

"zis is my pair of Micca oOoOoOo's" (ill add the RB42's)

Edit: Those Micca OoO's look really interesting, defo look like a small center channel.

Yes but it's sold as a pair which Ientrigues me might buy a pair of they use the same drivers as the rb42