Model Rocketry Tips

Ryzen4Life

Can ya'll give me tips on model rocketry. I'm building a Falcon 9 inspired Double Layer PLA designed to go to 300ft and to take pics on a Raspberry Pi camera and 0w. It's fuel capacity is 2L of Kerosene 

there's a lot of physics involved. And you need something to steer your rocket. Not that easy and hard to explain and give guidance.

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

The rocket is automated in landing and steering and I have the physics figured out

5 minutes ago, Ryzen4Life said:

The rocket is automated in landing and steering and I have the physics figured out

what do you then? I don't get your question then?

Btw quote people, so people can get a notification when you answer them.

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

I mainly just want a way to extend tge Bluetooth range as in the future I'll build a metal one attach it to a weather balloon and launch it into space 

8 hours ago, Ryzen4Life said:

I mainly just want a way to extend tge Bluetooth range as in the future I'll build a metal one attach it to a weather balloon and launch it into space 

Yo what? This sounds like a really serious project, can you give more details?

Bluetooth has been, and always will be, a short range radio protocol. It's usually not designed to go further than a dozen or two feet. I think for your purposes an LTE link posting to some server may be a better idea until you get above the ceiling of cell service. Above that, maybe some kind of 900 or 400mhz packet radio, but your data rates will kinda suck compared to LTE. 

ASU

On 10/6/2019 at 4:17 AM, Ryzen4Life said:

Not that I don't believe you, but a liquid rocket is no small task. Launching a rocket from a weather balloon is also no small task. I'd love to hear more details about your project and I might be able to help you if you have questions. 

Source for this stuff being hard: I'm on rocket teams developing liquid rockets (not kerosene though, we use liquid methane) and rockets launched from high altitude balloons.

Space is pretty awesome.

I want to build it out of triple reinforced triple layered Carbon Fiber PLA with a Raspberry Pi 0w but I don't know about the antenna and what's the best jet fuel? 

3 hours ago, Ryzen4Life said:

I want to build it out of triple reinforced triple layered Carbon Fiber PLA with a Raspberry Pi 0w but I don't know about the antenna and what's the best jet fuel? 

Lmao okay you might want to be careful with PLA, I've heard that jet fuel stuff can melt steel beams.

Space is pretty awesome.

Gonna use a titanium aluminum mix from me local blacksmith for the canisters n stuff