Build will not boot

BrosefStalin

So, recently upgraded my Mobo, RAM, and CPU but once I got everything in place, the system will power on and immediately cut off. I've tried using just one RAM stick and moving it to the separate DIM slots, I've tried booting without the GPU installed, I've removed the CMOS battery, replaced the CMOS battery

Components are as follows:

Motherboard: ASUS Z-390 A

CPU: i7 8700K

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 2x8 GB DDR4

GPU: MSI Duke GTX 1080

PSU: Corsair RM 850x

IMG_20191005_184556.jpg

IMG_20191005_184551.jpg

IMG_20191005_184545.jpg

IMG_20191005_184510.jpg

And yes, I know the fans are dirty, I just wanted to do a quick test boot before I cleaned it out

No debug ? Seems like a short from the old school standoff days. Might consider breaking it down completely if nothing else works. Check stand offs. Check cables for damage and if the are all seated completely. Might pull the cpu and hit it with air to blow any particles out of the socket. All it takes is one little metal flake.

I would start with with checking cables and connections, checking for bad ram, and cpu re seat/ hitting the slots with air. If it has a little beep speaker for debugging , hook it up. Read the manual for optimal placement of ram and where to plug in your fans /cpu cooler ect........ Just ask ? Is the cpu cooler plugged into the right header ?

Quit smoking and Vape :)~

So, turns out one of the pins on the motherboard were bent ever so slightly making the whole thing DOA. Returning it to Newegg now for hopefully a working replacement