Using a 2013 MacBook Pro Retina display with a 2015 MacBook Pro Retina

Aztec

Hi,

My girlfriend's MacBook display has been damaged and I was looking online for a replacement. I've noticed that they're quite expensive and have seen that the 2013 displays are significantly less expensive. I've looked online and apparently the connections have changed a little during generations however, I think it's just little things such as web cam and light sensor? Would I be able to use a older model display on a 2015 MacBook Pro?

Thanks!

I doubt to be honest that it will work. Even if you might be able to connect the screen the actual hardware may not be compatible with the macbook. It's a rather risky situation. I wouldn't recommend doing so, you're better off just getting the 2015 screen. But when I searched for the 2013 screens I've seen that they have similar pricing.

6 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

I doubt to be honest that it will work. Even if you might be able to connect the screen the actual hardware may not be compatible with the macbook. It's a rather risky situation. I wouldn't recommend doing so, you're better off just getting the 2015 screen. But when I searched for the 2013 screens I've seen that they have similar pricing.

No worries, thank you. I'll just have to keep an eye on prices and hopefully get lucky haha.