Is it safe to use HX850 SATA cables on an RX750?

Pancakewagon26

I recently bought a refurbished RMX750 and it only came with 1 3 part SATA connector, I have an excess set of cables from an HX850 and I’m curious if the HX cable is safe to use on the RX psu 

RM750X?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, Genwyn said:

They may or may not be inter compatible depending on the generation of each. The different generations of cables are not physically compatible though, so if it fits, it will most likely work without issue.

Gone are the days of the non proprietary modular psu, rip, come back to us Ultra...

It fits perfectly fine, so would this indicate it would work? 

4 minutes ago, Genwyn said:

They may or may not be inter compatible depending on the generation of each. The different generations of cables are not physically compatible though, so if it fits, it will most likely work without issue.

Gone are the days of the non proprietary modular psu, rip, come back to us Ultra...

Also the accessory bag goes out of the way to say that the pair and cpu cable should only be used with the HX whereas it has no markings for the SATA or other peripherals 

https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/psu-cable-compatibility

You can use them. The cables from the HX850 will either be Type 3 or Type 4 depending on which version of the HX850 it is. The RM750X is compatible with both Type 3 and Type 4 SATA cables.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 hour ago, Pancakewagon26 said:

I recently bought a refurbished RMX750 and it only came with 1 3 part SATA connector, I have an excess set of cables from an HX850 and I’m curious if the HX cable is safe to use on the RX psu 

They'll work.

Where did you buy the "refurbished" RM750x from?  If it was refurbished from Corsair (via Amazon or Newegg) it should have come with all of the necessary cables.