The CHEAPEST 1440P 144Hz Gaming Monitor on Amazon

nicklmg

Gotta love how everyone wants the perfect monitor for the cheapest price.  You can always pay more for better, but most don't.  Then everything gets over-analyzed.  Like if you were a race car driver and have a Ferrari, then someone says, here's a Honda Civic Type R.  Is it fast?  Yes.  Does it look, cost, and act the same?  No.  All comes down to what you can afford and what the manufacturer can do to keep costs down for the consumer.  Facts!

Sure wish reviewers would take the "gaming" anal-ness out of their reviews, and put themselves in the shoes of a normal tax paying consumer once and a while...like this:

https://www.displayninja.com/aoc-cq27g1-review/

• 1 year later...

I've used a Hannspree 27in 60hz 1920x1200 16:10 aspect ratio television that, brand new in 2009-10 probably cost $190-250. I played Forza Motorsport 3 and COD:BO 1-2 on Xbox360 on it for 3-4 years. In 2015 I had the epiphany I could connect my potato I5 integrated GPU Acer laptop to the TV and play Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition on it. I continued to use the TV from 2015 to about a month ago albeit with a transition to DCS World in 2016 and a progression of better PC hardware/computers on the same TV. I never noticed any input lag or image blurring playing first person shooters or flight sims during the whole decade I used the TV. IDK if I just never noticed because I'm a pleb that hasn't been spoiled by top notch displays or if the TV was actually a bargain for what was paid for it. 

Today I ordered the 27in 1440p 144Hz AOC CQ27G1. Then realized a few hours later the 32in 1440p 144HZ AOC CQ32G1 was essentially the same price as the 27in monitor I had ordered a bit earlier. The manufacturer website says the 27in is 1ms MPRT where the 32in says it's 4ms GTG response time and 1ms MPRT response time.

I was wondering if there are any users in these forums that actually purchased one of the models of AOC displays I had mentioned earlier and could give me their thoughts. I really have no idea, but I'm guessing that a higher resolution lower end computer monitor (one actually intended to be a computer monitor) designed and manufactured in the last year is going to blow my decade old low end 1920x1200 television I've been playing PC games on clean out of the water.