My first Gaming Marathon!

ANUPLUCIFERGAMER

Hey guys! So, I'm thinking to have a Gaming Marathon this weekend. By this weekend, I mean, Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Monday,Tuesday. I'm keeping this short as I'm having 'xams and i gotta study hard. So, I'm just keeping it for 5 days. Well, I'm also thinking of having another Marathon in the summer when we have 62 days holiday. I can also buy games on the steam summer sale then. I have chosen these games to play, with their play time and day. It might get changed as it depends upon my mood. :)

EDIT: Thought I can play some racing games today itself, so, Finished NFS MW, The Run,and Porsche.Have to finish Under ground 2. Then, I will be playing Portal and if I get time, will also play Portal 2, San andreas, Vice city. The gaming Marathon was for 3 days>5 days>7 days!

Played Games: Wednesday

NFS MW

NFS The Run

NFS Porsche

NFS Under ground 2

San Andreas

Vice city

Portal

Portal 2.

Serena

I wrote the games that has to be played by tomorrow morning. The games are followed by NFS U2 

Thursday:

Borderlands

Borderlands 2

Dark souls

Darksiders II

Far cry 3*

*Assuming I can get the Retail CD tomorrow in the Market.

On Friday, I will not be going to any classes. I will be playing these games:

Rise of nations: max: 4 hrs

Minecraft: max 5hrs

GTA IV :Max: 5 hrs

Far cry 3 :Blood dragon max 2 hrs

War Thunder

Well, I will be getting at 5 am as everyday, will go out on a walk with my dog. have a bath. and start the gaming session at 6.

Saturday:

Age of Empires II : max 4 hrs

Portal: max 3 hrs

TF2: max 4 hrs

Civilization 5: 3 hrs

Portal 2: 2 hrs

Sunday: :D

Garry's mod:3 hours

Need For Speed Most wanted:3 hours

Need for speed porsche:1 hour

GTA san andreas:2 hours

Serena:30 minutes 

Hearthstone:1 hour

Quake:1 hour

Wings of Honour:1 hour

Mortal kombat:1 hour

Monday:

Assassins creed I

Assassins creed II

Assassins creed III

Assassins creed IV

Tuesday:

Max Payne 3

L.A Noire

FIFA 13

PES 13

Kerbal Space Program

I might play Dark Souls  If i get the game within time and also the 360 Controller.

I'm getting 3 pizzas and sprite. Some fruits.That's it. 

I'm just worried if sitting so long in front of a pc, will something happen to my eyes or something? Many say sitting infront of the computer or the TV can give you headache and eye pain. is it true? If yes, what other activities should i do?What all other things should I keep in my mind? The only person I know who did a marathon is @Vitalius here. May be he can help :)

And, i'm also thinking to stream it. With a 25 Kbps upload speed? Is it also possible? Or should I just use a screen recording software. Or just go on without recording?

P.S, i have many other games to play. but no time :(. check my steam account to see the games. I have other non steam games too. ex: LoL,WoW,hearthstone,call of juarez,marine sharp shooter 2.

Feel free to add any game if needed. Thinking of adding Borderland 2 on sunday.

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Not possible. I tried streaming with my 1Mbps upload. It won't work cause you gotta allow some bandwidth for audio too. So in the end, your video will look super crappy. You can test out the quality on OBS though. Just stream to a file and set the bitrate of your audio + video to your upload speed. Maybe lower the framerate and resolution. It could be decent, but highly unlikely :(.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

What the hell is the point of planning your gaming? Just do whatever stries your mood at the moment :P

For streaming you need a much faster upload connection though. And it's very system intensive.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Yeah you're looking at around 3mb/s for 720p video at 30 fps.

I did this once, I took my laptop to school and played games on it, during class. Played minecraft and a variety of games that day all in class. Good thing my high school is an old college so the teacher doesn't see what's on our screens :D

Not possible. I tried streaming with my 1Mbps upload. It won't work cause you gotta allow some bandwidth for audio too. So in the end, your video will look super crappy. You can test out the quality on OBS though. Just stream to a file and set the bitrate of your audio + video to your upload speed. Maybe lower the framerate and resolution. It could be decent, but highly unlikely :(.

I don't think it's better option to stream as no one might see it.

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

There is no way you are going to be able to play Civ 5 for just 3 hours. Once you get started, you don't stop. 

Worship the Lord GabeN for he is your one true god!!!!

The Lord's Prayer

There is no way you are going to be able to play Civ 5 for just 3 hours. Once you get started, you don't stop. 

Depends, I usually play 2-3 hours and save my game and come back later :P

Depends, I usually play 2-3 hours and save my game and come back later :P

Then you have some serious self control. If I ever save a game, I won't come back to it. I have hundreds of unfinished games.

Worship the Lord GabeN for he is your one true god!!!!

The Lord's Prayer