Planning To get an SSD

Indus Monk

Hello Everyone, My Samsung 750 EVO 120GB is getting way too cramped way too easily. Now i'm looking for a 500gig or 400gig or 250 gig ssd. 

What are some things i need to keep in mind when shopping around for an SSD Besides SATA connectors?

If you wanna pick me an SSD

GO TO: WWW.AMAZON.IN

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist

As usual the two drives to look for in a 2.5" SATA SSD are the 2.5" Crucial MX500 and the 2.5" WD Blue 3D, whichever one is cheaper where you're buying. In terms of value 500GB drives are better buy than older 250GB drives, you get 100% more storage for less than a 50% price increase.

People might suggest a Samsung drive but unless it's on sale for the same as the other drives I mentioned you do not need it, only some very specific situations call for the slight difference in attributes that some Samsung SATA SSDs possess. If the price is really good a ADATA SU800 is fine though I'd suggest the other two drives over it. Do not bother with a DRAM-less SATA SSDs such as the Crucial BX500, WD Green or ADATA SU650. And just don't buy a Kingston drive.

22 hours ago, WikiForce said:

what is your budget?

About 70 USD

And no m.2, sata only?

22 hours ago, Kedohawyr said:

As usual the two drives to look for in a 2.5" SATA SSD are the 2.5" Crucial MX500 and the 2.5" WD Blue 3D, whichever one is cheaper where you're buying. In terms of value 500GB drives are better buy than older 250GB drives, you get 100% more storage for less than a 50% price increase.

People might suggest a Samsung drive but unless it's on sale for the same as the other drives I mentioned you do not need it, only some very specific situations call for the slight difference in attributes that some Samsung SATA SSDs possess. If the price is really good a ADATA SU800 is fine though I'd suggest the other two drives over it. Do not bother with a DRAM-less SATA SSDs such as the Crucial BX500, WD Green or ADATA SU650. And just don't buy a Kingston drive.

pressed buy on an 850 860 evo

it was 20usd 600 inr more as compared to the mx500

6 minutes ago, AmbarChakrabarti said:

sata only

500gb range :

samsung 860 evo is best at top notch pricing

then mx500 is a cheaper alternative.

wothout D ram, BX500 /samsung Qvo could go up 1TB for slightly more

13 minutes ago, WikiForce said:

then get Samsung 860 evo 250GB, it's going on for a steal deal of 3.5k on amazon and price might increase significantly after sale.

Another alternative just slightly above your budget could be Crucial MX500 500GB if you want double the storage, it is available for 5.2k

got the 500gig 860 evo

On 10/2/2019 at 3:14 PM, WikiForce said:

but that's way over the budget you told me

I mean, slightly. Good buy though.

ah well... my dad agreed so, i guess its fine

I also should have said 80USD

On 10/2/2019 at 11:43 AM, AmbarChakrabarti said:

got the 500gig 860 evo

Good decision. Go big or don't bother upgrading. 250GB would be such a minor upgrade you'd run out of space pretty soon. With 500GB, you should be fine for a while. Especially since SSD's don't really get old or slow, they just get too small capacity wise. To a certain point.