Ppd Spreadsheet

I realized there isn't a thread about PPD between cards and I was wondering as most of the sources I've found are rather out of date. Should we have a thread that goes over every card and the PPD between people over here at the forum? Personally I was just wondering about GTX 680 PPD but maybe some other people were wondering about other card PPD amounts. If this were some implementation I think the format should be

Format for GPU: GPU - Core Clock - Memory Clock - PPD - Core - Project - Drivers

Format for CPU: CPU - Clock Speed - PPD - Core - Project

You don't need to do drivers but it would help out.

GPU -

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArWsz9TFqp1KdDdCQzhPTmlqMUNuZ2VEZ21YN1dCeWc&usp=sharing

CPU -

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArWsz9TFqp1KdDFYUmRpdHI3RlJXMnF6T3NDSWhlenc&usp=sharing

I have thought of this, but honestly the variables are riDONKilous. :)

Take a 680 for instance... on what project? Overclocked? With CPU folding? Intel or AMD? Over clocked? Reserved CPU slot?  It actually is so variable it isn't even funny.

At times I will get a WU that my 660 nails 20K easy. Last one it did - 13K. There is no way to predict that. This is why I haven't really pushed to hard on this. And BTW, my 560 is pulling 21K on it's current WU??  <_<  :huh:

That being said... Post away :) But, give as much detail on your cards and you setup / config, so people can see how they compare. Yes, a nice searchable section would be good.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Yeah I realized that the variables are stupid considering some are running 6 cores so they can have cpu -10 with two GPUs when others are running 3570k with cpu -4 and 2 GPUs huge difference. I've also found that if you fail one fold from a driver bug you have to finish a fold that normally nets less PPD than what I normally get. Display driver went dumb for 3 seconds and I have to wait 3 hours for my 660ti to finish a 4k point fold to go back to 14k point folds.

GPU: Sapphire 7850 2gb OC edition, OCed to 1175/1450. 22~25k PPD on core17 (project 7662)

CPU: Intel i5 3450 3,1 ghz, turbo boosted to 3,5 ghz. 10~12k PPD

CPU: Intel i5 3570k, OCed to 4,5ghz. PPD update soon.

Maybe this will provide some help but looking at my CPU ppd normally its around 18-20k low currently so the variable will definitely have an impact.

gpu:1:GF114 [GeForce GTX 560 Ti] RUNNING 2.14% 6 hours 44 mins 13497 8071

cpu: 8 RUNNING 1.10% 7 hours 03 mins 10461 8082

gpu:1:GF114 [GeForce GTX 560 Ti] RUNNING 5.20% 4 hours 36 mins 19126 8071

cpu:8 RUNNING 0.96% 6 hours 40 mins 11251 8082

gpu:0:GK104 [GeForce GTX 660 Ti] RUNNING 1.32% 3 hours 27 mins 26565 8070

May I suggest making something in google docs like these? 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aspl6-RkaxtFdHdTdUdmUjhWalpXWVZ2S2xvejBDcHc#gid=0

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AvwcERBMjd6scmIzS3Z5UFZIcVBOTGNYV0k2Z01jQmc&gid=0

It'll be far easier to sort, manage, add additional sections, ect, than keeping things in a spoiler.

Also I would recommend adding drivers to the list as well. I cant tell you how many times I've seen PPD numbers from other people gpu just tank because of a driver update.  :ph34r:

Thanks warmon I completely spaced out on using a google docs file about it.

Please follow the new format

" Format for GPU: GPU - Core Clock - Memory Clock - PPD - Core - Project - Drivers

Format for CPU: CPU - Clock Speed - PPD - Core - Project "

Should I add Memory speeds for CPU? 

Thanks warmon I completely spaced out on using a google docs file about it.

No problem. Just thought I would mention about it.  B)

Please follow the new format

" Format for GPU: GPU - Core Clock - Memory Clock - PPD - Core - Project - Drivers

Format for CPU: CPU - Clock Speed - PPD - Core - Project "

Should I add Memory speeds for CPU? 

Memory speeds don't really matter that much I think...

I know that folding scales really well and I read that there were 1k PPD increase from 2133-2400 so from 1600-2400 that's going to make a difference over time especially if you have multiple rigs running.

Man, I'm loving this new board already  :D

Looks like there is a way to display the doc directly on IP boards post. (Using Hardforum Bigadv PPD sheet as an example.)

All you have to do is on google docs is:

1.  Click file and click "Publish to web".

2. Look for "web page" under "Get a link to the published data" and change that too "HTML to embed in a page"

3. copy html

4. On post, Hit the Special BBCode button and select "Media".

5. Paste Html into "Media URL" and your done.  :)

As for memory speed (on the cpu side), Unless your running a 4 processor server, it's almost impossible to tell the difference in memory speed when using the same cpu in my experiance. 

EDIT..... Well that didn't work out......  (Work when making the post but doesn't actually post it.)

Yep, guess we found something that needs to be fixed if it isn't being worked on already.

@EDIT: Oh, it's being worked on. Guess we're just going to have to wait.

Yep, guess we found something that needs to be fixed if it isn't being worked on already.

@EDIT: Oh, it's being worked on. Guess we're just going to have to wait.

Ah i see.

I thought i was doing something wrong and though I was making a fool out of my self.  :blink:  :lol:

Oh thanks for telling me over in another thread would of never realized it over here.

Currently I'm waiting for my GPU to hit 14k point folds because then my GPU is around ~40k PPD to make up for the loss on CPU performance from running GPU.

I really like the idea of a spreadsheet, it's nice to have info to compare your rig. Hopefully more people will add data here.

B)

Once I get my GPU and 4P systems all sorted out  - I will add in all my details...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Thanks Whaler. BTW, did you forgot about the LTT F@H competition?

Ahh &^%^%&( - been meaning to update that! Thanks... 

Love all of the reminders that are going on in threads that have little to no correlation to what is being reminded about. I mean I don't think this thread is what is the best bang for the buck you can just go grab a ton of 660ti's and make a folding farm but I think that this'll help in retrospect toward what people are planning to upgrade to/purchase.

You're welcome.

@topic I think that the vast majority of people are looking at gaming performance, so the folding performance is secondary. But it's nice to be able to compare your cpu/gpu to other models, or even the same model, just to know how your's doing. About the best gpu value, I think it's all AMD. Core17s are great for AMD cards, and very soon it'll come back and probably be on forever. Add this to gaming and bitcoin mining, AMD all the way.

Folding has a pretty strong impact on my GPU purchase, I probably would of went with AMD instead of Nvidia if at the time and still AMD wasn't so poor. Of course it's getting refined but currently my eyes are set on Nvidia until AMD fixes crossfire and there's an AMD optimized core that's fully refined.