Need help with Opencv requirements!

Blakflag3

I'm currently in the process of getting a new laptop and plan to do some light to mediocre Opencv work on it, it'll mostly be object detection based and I'll probably be using classifiers and maybe some machine learning (sorry if it isn't too specific I'm still learning opencv and don't yet fully know what I'll be using).

I wanted to know if a Ryzen R7 3750H is good enough for that or will i need something more powerful like a 8750h.

For reference the laptop i found with the 3750h has a 1660ti and 16gb of ram, so I'm tempted to get it for the GPU but don't want the CPU to turn out to be insufficient so I'd appreciate it if you can tell me how good does it perform in such tasks.

Thanks a lot!

I was able do a lot of object detection/acquisition and 3d measurerment with openCV at real time using nothing but a Jetson TK1....

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

You really don't need powerful hardware for this. If you'll do machine learning get an nvidia gpu, everything else barely matters.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*