I need help for my custom loop

Hi everyone, I'm Volxity.

You can call me Volx, I need a list of parts I need to do a custom watercooling loop (fittings, monoblock, gpu block etc.)

I know what to do, but I don't know everything I need so I don't want to make a mistake while I'm doing it, so I am trying to get help on linustechtips forum. Thanks

(please make sure it is a rgb waterblock, please I love RGB!, I also want an opaque coolant (it's going to be white)

- Volx

g6bbow8dsb311.jpg

1_XzNa8MvDqWAsfjuOyvooTw.jpeg

j81stce2oy6y.jpg

| Volxity |

Those pics show how I like the loop to look.

| Volxity |

So, I would really just go look at EK's website and pick out parts that you know you will need, for example what blocks and such. Obviously these are hardware dependent... Thats a good start. Just make sure the block works for the CPU you have and the GPU block works for your GPU.

https://www.ekwb.com/

After that, the planning stage begins. We (the community) can help and make suggestions, but this takes a lot of thought and preparation. Also, if you have never done a loop at all, I would recommend starting with soft tubing and then working your way up to hard tubing, but thats just my opinion. Soft tubing allows for more felxability in poor design choices which you likely will make as its your first time. Shit, my current build in my sig was my second real full loop build, and things DID NOT go as planned, a dremel was involved, and now my mobo VRM heatsink is much smaller than it used to be.... lol. Point is, soft tubing allows more learning and less frustration.

Anyways, you will need to pick a case which is a very personal choice, and there are many to choose from. I would suggest googling "good water cooling cases" and you will likely find a lot of posts on this forum alone, and start to narrow in on what you want, manufacturer, specifics like glass side panel or not, etc. Lots to think about here, also how much cooling is needed is something you should determine BEFORE picking a case. If you are doing a full loop on modern hardware, I would suggest 2 240 rads which most decent cases these days will support. I am running a lot more rad-space, but I wanted dead silence at all times and that is the result I got. None of my fans ever spin over 700 RPM, and my CPU is usually in the mid to high 50's in game load, and GPU is sub 50. But.... that is excessive, and costly.

So hopefully that is a good starting point, but it would be hard for anyone to just show up to the thread with 0 initial info and design you something you actually want. We need some guidance as far as specific parts needed (what CPU, GPU namely), and could use some initial thought in the case and cooling needs.

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

The PCPP list :

(https://pcpartpicker.com/list/dyypgJ

| Volxity |