MSI B450 Mortar Max pcie lanes and nvme ssd

The board have two M2 slots, but im confused whether it will slow down GPU when both are used. Here's the spec page https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450M-MORTAR-MAX/Specification

One Pcie 3.0x4 is provided by CPU as it seems[ryzen supposedly have 24 lanes, shouldnt be able to run two ssds?]. But the other one says its provided by chipset, but it says "PCI_E4 slot will be unavailable when an M.2 SSD is installed in the M2_2 slot.", where "PCI_E4" slot is "PCIe 2.0 x16 slot (PCI_E4, supports x4 mode)". So when installing that second SSD, will it decrease my primary PCIE 3.0x16[the one for gpu] speed to x8, because of using PCIE 2.0x16 slot by SSD? That second SSD will basically work like installing a PCIe SSD in the PCie 2.0x16 slot right? Can anyone give me a good resource with PCIe and SSD interaction explained? A 101 guide for dummies? 

• 1 month later...

I got that motherboard, but i don't have 2 NVME drivers to test it, but i can tell you that the Instruction manual states that the bottom PCI-E slot will be disabled when 2 NVME drives are installed, so the top PCI slot for the GPU will not be affected.

Ryzen 7 3700X | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Gaming OC | Corsair LPX 16gb 3200 | MSI B450M Mortar MAX | Corsair H100i v2 | Samsung 850 PRO 512GB | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Blue 1TB | Corsair Air 240 Black | Corsair CS650M | Corsair ML120 (3x) | Link