Nvidia Shows-off Water Physics

r3ntzkie430

So I was checking out Youtube and then I saw this video and I was BLOWN AWAY by it...

Nvidia have released another group of Physics videos; this time, it's water physics, and once again it's mightily pretty...

Water is a terribly chaotic system when you get down to it, and attempting to brute force physics interactions in a liquid will rapidly make your computer cry. Of course, if you're using smart algorithms, you can get some very impressive showings, as you can see below.

If you're not sure why there are occasional bunnies or minotaur things, it's to look at how the water reacts when hitting something. Also, they're cute. Have a look at the video:

There are a few more videos you can find from the youtube page, but they don't show much else, just a lot more technical information.

So, this of course begs the question: What games are you actually that concerned about your water physics in? I'm sure it will make beaches look pretty, but is it worth taking up a reasonable portion of your GTX 580? Tell me your thoughts...