Batman Arkham Asylum - Won't open, need help

I Downloaded the Arkham Trio on Epic as it was free for the 80th batman anniversary and have been playing Asylum GOTY for the past couple of days. Last gameplay was a couple of hours prior to this happening. What I noticed was when I removed my headset, no audio was coming out of my laptop's speakers, so I just decided to close the game to let my laptop rest, then once it cooled down sufficiently, I shut down the thing so I can also get a shut eye. after waking up and opening the laptop and opening Batman Arkham Asylum, this was what greeted me *image down below*.

Tried to troubleshoot the problem but couldn't. 

I'm no tech guy, but I did stumble upon the LTT forum where a guy was having problems with the same, forum replies said it was a .NET thing, I dunno if that was the solution to my problem or not but I tried downloading NVIDIA PhysX just the same, after which, it showd that I already have the latest of the same, so I guess that didnt solve my problem. 

Thanks to anyone who could help. really appreciate it.

Capture.JPG

I had the same problem.  Go into the epic launcher and find Arkham Asylum in your library.  Click of the 3 dots (...) on the right side of the screen on the line for the game.  This will open a menu.  Select "verify" and that should repair the problem.

Thank you, what I did was uninstall the game and am currently redownloading it. I believe that my progress will all be lost, but I'm hoping it'll fix the problem. once I finish redownloading, I'll make sure to verify right away as per your suggestion. thank you. will update once I get things running. again, thanks for the suggestion :) really appreciate it :) 

hey, what do you know, after my reinstall, my progress wasnt lost and Im still where I was before, haha, sweet :)

4 hours ago, CebuPH said:

Tried to troubleshoot the problem but couldn't.

Uninstall and reinstall the game. You won't lose your saved games.

• 2 weeks later...

hey, I downloaded the trilogy and I was able to play arkham asylum once, I wanted to play again and it crashes when I start the game, I already tried to verify and unistall and downloaded it again and verify it again but it keeps crashing, what can I do?