only 2 displays will work with my laptop, 3 work on linux...

Ashleyyyy

so i need Windows on my laptop for exam reasons, however i've encountered a problem. on Linux i could easily get 3 displays working, 2 externals and the built-in screen. on Windows, i can only enable 2. 

i already tried downloading the latest drivers from intel, that did not help. i'm running Windows 10 1903. 

the specs of my laptop are:

HP Elitebook Folio 9470m

i5 3437U

HD 4000

16GB Ram

1TB SSD

She/Her

17 minutes ago, Twilight said:

so i need Windows on my laptop for exam reasons, however i've encountered a problem. on Linux i could easily get 3 displays working, 2 externals and the built-in screen. on Windows, i can only enable 2. 

i already tried downloading the latest drivers from intel, that did not help. i'm running Windows 10 1903. 

HP Elitebook Folio 9470m

i5 3437U

HD 4000

16GB Ram

1TB SSD

Do all monitors detect under monitor settings or do only 2 show up? Are all monitors the same or are they different resolutions?

14 hours ago, Jarno. said:

Do all monitors detect under monitor settings or do only 2 show up? Are all monitors the same or are they different resolutions?

they all show up, but i can only enable 2. 

the 2 external displays are 1080p, the internal display is 1600x900. 

She/Her

15 hours ago, Twilight said:

HP Elitebook Folio 9470m

i5 3437U

HD 4000

16GB Ram

1TB SSD

Guess you can only use the 3 monitor if you are cloning your laptop screen. but for multi monitor i think i doesn't work on windows. Windows Disable the laptop display while trying to connect 3 triple display setup.

2 hours ago, Aashirbad Thapa said:

Guess you can only use the 3 monitor if you are cloning your laptop screen. but for multi monitor i think i doesn't work on windows. Windows Disable the laptop display while trying to connect 3 triple display setup.

i can't even clone it in Windows.

also it worked fine as 3 seperate displays in Linux.

She/Her

7 hours ago, Aashirbad Thapa said:

This can be true though tried this couple weeks ago with 4 monitors (3 external 1080p and 1x laptop) no matters what i did Windows will refuse to extend to laptop screen when it is at a docking station for example. managed to get it working with 1x external and 1x internal monitor but this defeats the whole purpose. 

10 hours ago, Jarno. said:

This can be true though tried this couple weeks ago with 4 monitors (3 external 1080p and 1x laptop) no matters what i did Windows will refuse to extend to laptop screen when it is at a docking station for example. managed to get it working with 1x external and 1x internal monitor but this defeats the whole purpose. 

I remember having extend screen in windows 8 but i haven't used the extend screen in windows 10. Have they might remove the feature or the drivers of the laptop doesn't support it in windows 10?