Setup:

Monitor - BenQ DL2020

GPU - Asus Gtx 1050ti

CPU - Intel i5-8400

Mobo - Asus TUF H370 (non wifi)

PSU - forgot the brand 450W

RAM - 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury

HDD - 2x Toshiba 1TB

Happened a while ago. Bumped my knee into the table. Table wobbled and so is my monitor. After a few minutes, the flickering starts to happen. This is what it looks like:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=12eeCS5fbShpOkXS3ljx1FKuSHJcUk6Av

First thing I did was to unplug and plug the DVI cable. No luck. Then I reseated my GPU. No luck. Tried to restart my PC. Still no luck. Noticed that when i unplugged the DVI cable, the message "no signal cable detected" was still flickering and the start-up display of the monitor isn't showing up as well. Although it comes back to normal every after ~30-ish minutes.

Soi am narrowing it down to the monitor as the culprit. My BenQ DL2020 is 3yrs old right now. Just by the context of this, can someone kindly confirm if this is the right assumption? So that i could solve this immediately.

Im a college student and i dont have a laptop so its kind of a hassle to bring this to a service store and wait for a couple of days cuz they said that they have a queue of pc to be diagnosted before me.

Thank you for taking time to read this! First post, really need help T_T

I would try a different cable just to be safe. Also try a different cable standard instead of DVI, try HDMI or Display Port if the monitor supports it. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

its mostly dead. I personalty have had dead monitors that sort of work sometimes. Get a cheap oem dell, hp, lenovo, or whatever monitor from your local classifieds like craigslist for like 20 bucks or less if you can to get you through while you save up money. This vid has a couple cheap options too: (I feel for you dude. sorry this happened)