Logitech MX Master Series

NinJake

I've been rocking the wired Logitech g502 for quite a while. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the MX Master series which isn't necessarily for gaming but the wireless functionality and ergonomics makes me wonder if it would still be viable for FPS games? Does anyone have any input here?

Thanks.

The tracking is slooooow and not all that accurate for gaming.

I say this because I used it for years even for gaming and then I got the FinalMouse and G Pro Wireless and was like OHHHHHHH! That's why people use "gaming" mice lol.

I have both, and while it is acceptable as a gaming mouse, it's not that great. I think the line for me is "any multiplayer fps game". 

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

Thanks for the input @Den-Fi and @LukeLinusFanFic, I think I'll look into the mouse for work and stick with a "gaming" mouse for at home. I've always wondered if a wireless mouse would suffer from being wireless compared to a wired mouse. Any insight or noticeable latency when you switched to a wireless?

3 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Thanks for the input @Den-Fi and @LukeLinusFanFic, I think I'll look into the mouse for work and stick with a "gaming" mouse for at home. I've always wondered if a wireless mouse would suffer from being wireless compared to a wired mouse. Any insight or noticeable latency when you switched to a wireless?

I'm a terrible gamer, so yeah... I'm not sure I could detect the difference even if I tried.

6 minutes ago, -Kriss- said:

Jelaous of people who fit the G pro or snagged a finalmouse. Tried to get ultralight 2 but only scalpers were selling. I'll probably settle for a glorious modle o- tbh.

Ah, if only you were in the US. I stopped using mine so I would sell it, but shipping to Norway wouldn't really make that feasible.

Don't have a MX master or G502 however, I do have a MX anywhere 2 and a G402 so I guess somewhat indirect comparison? :P 

Originally, I tried using the anywhere on my desktop but that didn't go exactly as planned. On both 2.4GHz and bluetooth, the latency was rather noticeable. It wasn't horrible but at the same time, wasn't very ideal.  As for tracking, if you're planning on playing FPSes at 400dpi (like me), the sensor will struggle to track that fast but in terms of accuracy and acceleration, it's decent enough. 

In other words, whether it is acceptable or not is up to your subjective opinion. I mean as long as I'm playing something less flicky (i.e. not R6S or CS), I have no issues with playing it using my anywhere. I mean if the sensor really was that bad, it wouldn't have been my laptop's (and soon iPad) permanent mouse. 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

well im in no way a regular gamer. my gaming is more like site seeing and ghost recon being the most "intense" i get but i havent had a single complaint about my mx master series 1. tracking is good enough for me and battery life was almost unbelievable for me. ergonomics wisse idk. i have really big hands i guess because i do sometimes wish my pinky and ring finger wouldnt drag off the mouse on the deskpad. also i dont know about later revision but the series 1 had an issue where with some models the thumb/gesture button would malfunction and get stuck. i had to open mine up and loosen one screw a tiny bit and e voila has been working flawless since then. i mainly chose it for the clean look. i didnt want my desk to look too gamery. but now i would wanna miss it and would get the newest revision again if mine broke without even looking at other options.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

I figure if I want to make the switch to a wireless mouse I'll just wait until my wired 502 dies and pick up a "gaming" wireless mouse. I'm not particularly picky about how light a mouse is or RGB at all, I'd prefer no lights but sometimes in order to get a good responsive mouse you have to deal with some negatives :P (Like RGB)

Maybe by the time my 502 dies there will be newer sensors and technology out anyways. The mousepad which charges the mouse has caught my eye but my-oh-my is it expensive.