Having an unusual issue with running newer games on my fairly high end pc

NikolaiResenski123

Hi

I got my new computer a couple of months ago and have had some rather unusual things happen when launching particular games. These include (very inconsistently) Arma 3 on any gamemode, a couple of times on Counter Strikes battle royale mode, Minecraft fairly often and just today the Modern Warfare beta. In the case of Modern Warfare, the moment a map starts to load my monitor will become disconnected (sometimes the sound works and my friends can sometimes still hear me, but this is inconsistent). My fans will also immediately start running at jet engine speeds and I'm forced to basically hold down the power button. This the the case for all the previous games and I've found no way of recreating it because of its inconsistency and there are no crash reports on my pc, in the game or in the BIOS so I'm VERY confused. My specs are:

Windows 10 Education

16GB RAM

i5-8600k 3.6GHz

EVGA GTX 1080

If any other information is required please let me know, and thank you in advance!

What fans ? All? Gpu ?

If its gpu only its probably that

Because if it would be the psu it wouldnt just disconnect the monitor exept the power delivery of the psu to the gpu is broken on any way ! Got a spare gpu to test it ?