Any Tips For Getting Max Gpu Preformance Out Of You Graphic Card?

I have an Gigabyte GTX 680 Super Overclock....but don`t really feel I am getting the great preformance? Any tips, or am I just a little spoiled when it comes to graphic settings in games? :D

It runs crysis 3 pretty good. But Arma 3 Alpha isn`t the same story, There I must nearly run on standard "graphic setting" to get no lag. Mabye it gets a little more lagge bacause it`s the Alphs version? Or it`s just

hard for my computer to run. The Gtx 680 i have is a factory overclocked card, so it is possible to overclock it more but not enough to get much better preformance. In my opinion its a beats of a 680, so didn`t understand

why it woundt run some games as "Arma 3" on high. But I guess you need a 690, or a titan these days to get the best preformance in the newest games. 

no arma 3 alpha maxed out should run fine  on a 680 ...what cpu do you have.....its a cpu heavy game ...especially the multiplayer.

PC 1: CPU: i5 12600k     GPU: RTX 4080     MOTHERBOARD: Asus B650M-A D4       RAM: 16x4 DDR4 3200       POWERSUPPLY: EVGA 650 G6  

SSD: WD Black gen 4 x2 + Crucial MX 500 x2           

KEYBOARD: Keychron K4    MOUSE: Logitech G502 SE Hero   MOUSE PAD: Goliathus control XL   MONITOR: Alienware AW3423DW + LG 25UM58 + Dell 24"  Speakers: Edifier R1280T + SVS PB1000

Laptop: M1 MacBook Pro 16                     

Yeah, understand that Arma 3 don`t will run perfect on settings like "Ultra" og "Very High".....but should`t a Gtx 680 run Arma on high? I have an Intel i7 3770k overclocked to 4.2 Ghz :)

Because your card is already OC'ed you won't be able to OC it THAT much more,
But you should be able to run that fine?
Whats your full spec?

SET UP:

Corsair Vengeance C70 | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i7 3770k | STOCK COOLER  :( soon to be replaced with a H220! | EVGA 660ti FTW ed. 2GB | 16gb Corsair Vengance 1600Mhz | Corsair 120GB Neutron GTX SSD | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair AX860i | Corsair AF120 QE X4

I don't have experience with Arma 3 but it is an Alpha. I know it's not all that optimized at the moment. What frames are you actually getting in game? 

No, you can't max out Arma 3. It's so unoptimized, my 7950 use 2.5gb of VRAM without AA when playing.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Thank for reply people! I haven`t tried to check the framerate yet. But mabye i will! Since most of you guys think that it is because the game is unoptimized....well....that theory is probably the reason. 

My specs: 

Asus Sabertooth z77

16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM

Intel i7 3770k overclocked to 4,2 Ghz (With an H100 water cooler)

Gigabye GTX 680 Super Overclock Edition

Ocz 1250W PSU            (Yes, it`s too much for this kinda stupid, but got it actually on sale for a lower prise than most 750-900 W PSU`s)

(I also got a Storm Trooper case, ssd, sound card etc but It really doesn`t matter for game preformance)

Have you tried maxing everything but completely disabling AA (Anti Aliasing)?
Also make sure that you have V-Sync (in-game) & Adaptive V-Sync (Nvidia Control Panel) both disabled.
Nvidia 600 series can't handle AA very well due to Nvidia stripping away a lot of the compute performance to improve power savings & it's possible that AA is what's causing the performance issue.

04-Bandwidth-2560x1440-Absolute.png
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-660-geforce-gtx-650-benchmark,3297-18.html

That gave much better results! I did`t end up with disable AA 100%, but by lowering it everythig suddently became much better and smother. The wierd thing is that I`ve trien to lower the AA earlier with not much result. But as long

as it helped now am happy!

That gave much better results! I did`t end up with disable AA 100%, but by lowering it everythig suddently became much better and smother. The wierd thing is that I`ve trien to lower the AA earlier with not much result. But as long

as it helped now am happy!

I'm very glad to be of help, if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask here on the forum or even via a personal message, I'll gladly help any way I can.

Happy gaming ! ^_^