I78700k

2070 super 

Is it just the game or what could other problems be 

Drivers up to date 

download gpu-z 

play the game

on the sensors tab, what does it say under perfcapreason 

Capture.PNG

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

On 9/20/2019 at 2:17 PM, AntiTrust said:

download gpu-z 

play the game

on the sensors tab, what does it say under perfcapreason 

Capture.PNG

It says idle. Then it had a peak or something on pwr

3 hours ago, Oskar Mcfarlane said:

It says idle. Then it had a peak or something on pwr

can you post a screen cap of gpuz from when you're playing the game and the gpu usage is low.

Itd be really weird if it was saying pwr limit while under a 10% load 

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

10 hours ago, Oskar Mcfarlane said:

here

Yeah somethings definitely wrong here, the card thinks it's idleing while you're trying to play a game. To me that sounds like a messed up driver. 

You've probably already tried doing a clean install of your nvidia drivers. So the next thing I would try is using DDU in safe mode

DDU takes a while to do, you need to download all of the drivers you need then disable your internet and reboot into safemode. (also recommend making a restore point) Be careful and take your time doing it. Hopefully using ddu (display driver uninstaller) and doing a truly fresh install of the drivers will fix it. 

this is a pretty good guide. 

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/ddu-guide-tutorial

also as a side note, if you don't quote me in your response I dont get a notification and dont know youve responded. 

11 hours ago, AntiTrust said:

Yeah somethings definitely wrong here, the card thinks it's idleing while you're trying to play a game. To me that sounds like a messed up driver. 

You've probably already tried doing a clean install of your nvidia drivers. So the next thing I would try is using DDU in safe mode

DDU takes a while to do, you need to download all of the drivers you need then disable your internet and reboot into safemode. (also recommend making a restore point) Be careful and take your time doing it. Hopefully using ddu (display driver uninstaller) and doing a truly fresh install of the drivers will fix it. 

this is a pretty good guide. 

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/ddu-guide-tutorial

also as a side note, if you don't quote me in your response I dont get a notification and dont know youve responded. 

still idleing even after ddu could it be that its not getting enough power from psu?

27 minutes ago, Oskar Mcfarlane said:

still idleing even after ddu could it be that its not getting enough power from psu?

What size psu do you have? Its not likely a PSU issue. 

Your monitor is plugged into the graphics card and not your motherboard correct? Also you should try disabling integrated graphics in your bios. 

Do you have this issue in other games or just call of duty? 

10 minutes ago, AntiTrust said:

What size psu do you have? Its not likely a PSU issue. 

Your monitor is plugged into the graphics card and not your motherboard correct? Also you should try disabling integrated graphics in your bios. 

Do you have this issue in other games or just call of duty? 

750 watt 

yes, i cant find the intergrated graphics settings after quick scan 

i just ran mordau and seems to be consistant still idleing

44 minutes ago, Oskar Mcfarlane said:

750 watt 

yes, i cant find the intergrated graphics settings after quick scan 

i just ran mordau and seems to be consistant still idleing

what motherboard do you have? 

2 hours ago, AntiTrust said:

So I found the igpu setting and they're disabled I also did a bios update and still nothing. Could it be that my card is just a dud and I should get a refund ? It's constantly idle. I've got no idea of any other options. I also just found an abnormal buzzing from gpu when put on benchmark

14 hours ago, Oskar Mcfarlane said:

So I found the igpu setting and they're disabled I also did a bios update and still nothing. Could it be that my card is just a dud and I should get a refund ? It's constantly idle. I've got no idea of any other options. I also just found an abnormal buzzing from gpu when put on benchmark

Yeah at this point I would look at getting a return in store or an RMA from the card manufacturer. thats unlucky. They'll probably get you to try a few things before they approve the return so maybe they will be able to think of something Im not. 

good luck! What brand of card is it? 

2 hours ago, AntiTrust said:

Yeah at this point I would look at getting a return in store or an RMA from the card manufacturer. thats unlucky. They'll probably get you to try a few things before they approve the return so maybe they will be able to think of something Im not. 

good luck! What brand of card is it? 

Gigabyte. Thanks for the help very apretiated 

• 1 month later...
On 9/23/2019 at 1:09 AM, AntiTrust said:

On 9/23/2019 at 8:03 PM, Oskar Mcfarlane said:

Gigabyte. Thanks for the help very apretiated 

Did you do the RMA? I am having the same issue. However not with idle problems. Just with my gpu completly crashing my computer when i run any big game.