CS:Global Offensive online not working

Whenever I start CS:GO it works fine I can play local, do the tutorial everything fine. But when I try to join an online game I will connect join a team and spawn but then my monitor slickers black and then to my home screen. ?  Then I am unable to do anything I can press the windows button and it will appear and I can go to control panel for example but then when I move my cursor out of the windows start the cursor disappears and I am unable to do anything. The power button on my case doesn't even work and I have to turn off the power supply manually and then restart. This is the same for metro last light but for Metro Last Light it doesn't go pass the opening credits.

Please Help!

Whenever I start CS:GO it works fine I can play local, do the tutorial everything fine. But when I try to join an online game I will connect join a team and spawn but then my monitor slickers black and then to my home screen. ?  Then I am unable to do anything I can press the windows button and it will appear and I can go to control panel for example but then when I move my cursor out of the windows start the cursor disappears and I am unable to do anything. The power button on my case doesn't even work and I have to turn off the power supply manually and then restart. This is the same for metro last light but for Metro Last Light it doesn't go pass the opening credits.

Please Help!

Do you have an over clocked GPU? Are you running anything in the background? These are all things that can cause source games to crash. 

Metro sounds like a GPU issue but CS is not a very GPU intensive game. Is your CPU overlclocked?

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

• 2 weeks later...

Please Help!

Have you tried verifying the game integrity (cache) of those games.

I've had issues before with CSGO ('failed to join server') always corrupting a file and all my issues were restored after verify cache integrity and restarting steam.

The verification will scan your game files and only redownload and replace any corrupt or damaged files.

"Donny you're out of your element!"

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules."