Analogue gauges for resource monitoring

SasaKaranovic

Header.jpg.57842fff854354196558c1916cea0ec0.jpg

Hey folks, I'm not sure if this project of mine passes the criteria for a mod but I like to think it does

and I've shared instructions and source files on how to build your own.

Here is the link to the post.

I've been playing around with this idea of showing usage metrics but in a more analog and "cool" way,

so my solution for now is having a "dashboard" of sorts, with analog gauges that show CPU, memory, network and GPU utilization.

To be honest, it doesn't do much, but I think it looks super cool and I hope it helps someone build it into their next case mod or build

one for themselves or just give an idea to work on.

Would love to hear your thoughts and obviously if you end up building one, please share your end results! :)

when I was about 14 , I attached an analog gauge like this to the hdd led header so every time the hdd led would go on the meter would move to show hdd usage. this very much reminds me of that but obviously much more advanced . lol

I think it looks great and you definitely did a good job printing the words in there.

However if you got all the info of how-to posted elsewhere why not copy/paste it here…? :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2019 at 5:14 AM, caincha said:

I think it looks great and you definitely did a good job printing the words in there.

However if you got all the info of how-to posted elsewhere why not copy/paste it here…? :)

Thanks!
Mainly because it's much easier to make any changes (i.e. add content, fix typos and etc) in one place vs many.

For that same reason I use git to provide all the resources and just post a link to the github repository on my website. :)