Corsair h115i Platinum or h150i pro for Lian Li O11?

Velsu

Hello, I am building my first PC and decided on Lian Li O11 case. Those two AIO's are in good price atm in my country. I was leaning more towards platinum 115i as it seems to be "newer" and better but i am not sure if it will fit that case on top? Will it look like crap? Any users with this AIO and this case that could give any insights?

I am also considering Deepcool Castle 360 EX / RGB V2 as i heard installation is really easy and since this is my first build maybe that would be a good shot? The downside is that i need to import it and pay 20% more compared to Corsair's.

2 minutes ago, Velsu said:

That case is really more meant for custom water cooling loops.

Did you buy anything yet?

What's the budget/country, monitor resolution and refresh rate, and what do you need the PC for?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

14 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

That case is really more meant for custom water cooling loops.

Did you buy anything yet?

What's the budget/country, monitor resolution and refresh rate, and what do you need the PC for?

Did not buy anything yet except Ryzen 3600 and RMx 750W PSU.

Do not have a set budget, just want to buy good stuff that i can easily upgrade. I also want to build that PC myself even tho i am scared as hell. Gonna use PC for Gaming and some web dev. I also use a LOT of tabs in chrome and firefox so i am thinking about 32gb ram as my current 16gb rig sometimes tops 10gb idle with 500+ tabs open, but i guess it will be cheaper to just close them during gaming.

My initial plan is this:

Mobo: Aorus Master x570 or x570 TUF Gaming Plus

CPU: Ryzen 3600 (plan to upgrade in the future for better one)

PSU: Corsair RM 750x

Cooler: H115i Platinum / H150i pro / Deepcool Castle 360 EX

Storage: Samsung Evo Plus m2 1tb

Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic White

Fans: 3x extra fans on the side or bottom/top depending on thermals

Memory: G. Skill 3200mhz cl14 2x8gb

Atm i have RTX 2070 that i am keeping and my monitor is Acer XB270HU with 144hz, g-sync and 27".

Just now, Velsu said:

Did not buy anything yet except Ryzen 3600 and RMx 750W PSU.

Do not have a set budget, just want to buy good stuff that i can easily upgrade. I also want to build that PC myself even tho i am scared as hell. Gonna use PC for Gaming and some web dev. I also use a LOT of tabs in chrome and firefox so i am thinking about 32gb ram as my current 16gb rig sometimes tops 10gb idle with 500+ tabs open, but i guess it will be cheaper to just close them during gaming.

My initial plan is this:

Atm i have RTX 2070 that i am keeping and my monitor is Acer XB270HU with 144hz, g-sync and 27".

I think Phanteks Enthoo Pro M with acrylic window will serve you better. Especially with an AIO.

Main PC:

CPU: Intel Core i9 13900KS SP 116 (124P-102E) (6.1Ghz P-Cores 4.8Ghz E-cores) MC SP 88

CPU Voltage: LLC8 1.525V (real voltage 1.425V + - Temps 85-90 P-Cores, 70-73 E-cores)

Cooled by: Supercool Direct Die 14th gen full nickel

Motherboard: Z790 ASUS Maximus Apex Encore

RAM: GSkill TridentZ 2x24GB DDR5 8600Mhz CL38 (OC from 8000Mhz CL40)

GPU: RTX MSI 4090 Suprim X with EKWB waterblock

Case: My own case fabricated out of aluminium and wood

Storage: 4x 2TB Sarbent Rocket Plus Gen 4.0 NVMe, 1x External 2TB Seagate Barracuda (Backup)

WiFi: BE202 WiFi 7 Tri-Band card module

PSU: Corsair AX1600i with custom black and red cables with 2x Corsair 5V+ Load Balancer

Display: Samsung Oddysey G9 240Hz Ver. 5120x1440 with G-Sync and Freesync Premium Pro 1008 Firmware Ver, and 1x Electriq USB C 1080p 15'8 inch IPS portable display for temperature and stats, MSI 23'8 144Hz G-Sync

Fan Controllers:  6x AquaComputer Octo with 5 temperature sensors

Cooling: Three Custom Loops:

1st Loop: 5x 480mm XE CoolStream radiators with 1x Revo D5 RGB pump and 1x Rajintek Antila D5 Evo RGB pump for GPU only cooling with 2x Koolance QDC3, red coolant

2nd Loop: 5x 480mm XE CoolStream radiators with 1x Revo D5 RGB pump and 1x Rajintek Antila D5 Evo RGB pump for CPU only cooling with 2x Koolance QDC3, purple coolant

3rd Loop: 1x 240mm PE CoolStream radiator with 1x EKWB Revo D5 pump (RAM ONLY)

Total: 5x pumps and 13x radiators 50x 3000RPM Noctua Industrial fans

Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow V3 RGB - Green switches

Sound: Logitech Z680 5.1 THX Certified 505W Speakers

Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate Wireless with charging dock

Piano: Yamaha P155

Phone: Oppo Find X5 Pro

Camera: Logitech Brio Pro 4K

VR: Oculus Rift S

External SSD: 256GB Overclocking OS

LaptopMSI Titan GT77HX V13RTX 4090 175W, i9 13980HX OC: P-Cores 5.8Ghz 3 cores and 5.2Ghz 5 cores and E-Cores 4.3Ghz, 192GB of RAM @5600Mhz @3600 (chipset limit),

12TB (3x4TB) of NVMe, 17'3 inch 4K 144Hz MiniLED screen, 4x 17'3 ASUS portable USB-C Monitors 240Hz, Creative Sound Blaster G6 Sound Card, Portable 16TB NVMe in TB4 enclosures (8x2TB), Razer Basilisk Ultimate Wireless with charging dock gaming mouse, Keychron K3 gaming keyboard with blue switches low profile, Logitech Brio 4K Webcam.

Hand held: ROG Ally with XG Mobile RTX 3080 with Keychron K3 low profile keyboard (Blue Switches) and Razer Hyperspeed V3 mouse and 4TB NVMe upgrade (WDBlack SN850X), with 100W 20000Mah power bank and portable monitor ROG XG17AHP 17'3 inch 240Hz with built in battery, and 518Wh Power station for Camping.

7 minutes ago, Velsu said:

The ASUS TUF board is fine.

But I'd really just suggest buying a decent air cooler, and like a coolermaster H500 or any case with decent airflow out of the box really. Or just go more all out with the 011 and something like the fluid gaming kit with all aluminum water cooling parts. can just get a separate 240mm aluminum radiator and GPU block or universal GPU water cooling plate.
https://www.newegg.com/p/37B-000B-001H0?Description=Fluid Gaming&cm_re=Fluid_Gaming-_-9SIAC8W5SB2261-_-Product

16Gbs of 3600mhz RAM with decent timings is what you're going to want, harder to run 32GBs at higher speeds I think.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HqZcCL

CPU Cooler: Scythe FUMA 2 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase H500 ATX Mid Tower Case
Total: $59.99

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

14 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

But I'd really just suggest buying a decent air cooler, and like a coolermaster H500 or any case with decent airflow out of the box really.

The problem is that i know You are right about this, but i just fell in love with Lian Li O11 White and really need to have it in my life. Air cooler won't fit so i need to go the AIO way, hence the dillema about the choice. I had also Meshify C or CoolerMaster SL600M in mind but i want to place the case on my desk so smaller the case the better and Lian Li seems like not too tall/big.

I can't go with real water cooling as i will probably have no time to maintain it and as i said this is my first build that i plan to do by myself so i am not at that level yet. I have noted it tho and i might try it with my second build in the future so i really appreciate the input.

As for RAM the decision came after watching the video that You linked. In the conclusion they specify that You should either go for 3600mhz cl16 or 3200mhz cl14 from g.skill which has good results. Problem is in my country (Poland) the price difference between 3200mhz cl14 and 3600mhz cl16 is roughly 30-40% so i prefer to try and OC those.

6 minutes ago, Velsu said:

RAM OCing works fine too depending on the kit you get.

It's just really cheap in the US to get a 3600mhz CL 16 kit right now.

As long as you just use plain distilled water for the loop, and add some kind of biocide to it, it's going to last at least 9 months to a year before you'd want to drain it and put fresh water back in.

Spoiler

36 minutes ago, Velsu said:

The problem is that i know You are right about this, but i just fell in love with Lian Li O11 White and really need to have it in my life. Air cooler won't fit so i need to go the AIO way, hence the dillema about the choice. I had also Meshify C or CoolerMaster SL600M in mind but i want to place the case on my desk so smaller the case the better and Lian Li seems like not too tall/big.

I can't go with real water cooling as i will probably have no time to maintain it and as i said this is my first build that i plan to do by myself so i am not at that level yet. I have noted it tho and i might try it with my second build in the future so i really appreciate the input.

As for RAM the decision came after watching the video that You linked. In the conclusion they specify that You should either go for 3600mhz cl16 or 3200mhz cl14 from g.skill which has good results. Problem is in my country (Poland) the price difference between 3200mhz cl14 and 3600mhz cl16 is roughly 30-40% so i prefer to try and OC those.

Had a friend with AIO in PC-O11 and it went perfectly fine, I'll try to get some pictures. I'm planning to do the same too. I've seen a bunch of youtubers do PCO11 builds with AIOs and they all look really nice(I'd really suggest the white one). Just google PC-O11 Dynamic and under google images, you'll find a bunch of pictures. Should be perfectly fine performance wise, and be amazing aesthetics wise.

PCO11 isn't a big case, but it's certainly a little wider(fatter? if that makes more sense) than other cases. Just do the proper measurements to make sure it fits.

You will actually do fine with a 3200 CL16 kit, by overclocking you should be able to reach 3200CL14 which is good enough. If you don't mind buying 3200cl14 though, it is a better buy over the 3600cl16 considering the price difference. Just remember not to overclock above 3600 because you won't get far before the infinity fabric has to go to 2:1 mode to accommodate for higher memory clock and your memory clock speed will essentially halve itself

1 hour ago, Velsu said:

I'd agree with this build, although 1tb of M.2 storage isn't exactly the best for price-performance. AFAIK web dev doesn't need fast storage, and gaming won't benefit at all from it. At most you'll probably see slightly faster boot times compared to SATA SSDs

Maybe a 1TB SATA SSD + 1 or 2TB Hard Drive?

1 hour ago, _d0nut said:

Had a friend with AIO in PC-O11 and it went perfectly fine, I'll try to get some pictures. I'm planning to do the same too. I've seen a bunch of youtubers do PCO11 builds with AIOs and they all look really nice(I'd really suggest the white one). Just google PC-O11 Dynamic and under google images, you'll find a bunch of pictures. Should be perfectly fine performance wise, and be amazing aesthetics wise.

Hey thats great to hear! Now i just need to decide if i want to buy H115i Platinum locally with good deal or pay a little more and invest in Deepcool Castle 360 EX and pay about 15-20% more.

And yeah good catch that its wider but should fit.

1 hour ago, _d0nut said:

You will actually do fine with a 3200 CL16 kit, by overclocking you should be able to reach 3200CL14 which is good enough. If you don't mind buying 3200cl14 though, it is a better buy over the 3600cl16 considering the price difference. Just remember not to overclock above 3600 because you won't get far before the infinity fabric has to go to 2:1 mode to accommodate for higher memory clock and your memory clock speed will essentially halve itself

3200mhz CL16 kits are 100% cheaper here than CL14 so not that really got me working to just try and OC that. But i would really like to go with B-Die and just invest in 3200/cl14 then OC to 3600 and that should be good.

As for storage this will be my main drive for windows (as samsung evo 1tb nvme is now in good price here) and i also have 1tb ssd for games and about 2-3 tb on 3,5" HDD so should be good.

And thanks for the input, really appreciate it. Picking right parts is hell, spent like last 20 days thinking what to buy lol.

1 hour ago, Velsu said:

Hey thats great to hear! Now i just need to decide if i want to buy H115i Platinum locally with good deal or pay a little more and invest in Deepcool Castle 360 EX and pay about 15-20% more.

And yeah good catch that its wider but should fit.

3200mhz CL16 kits are 100% cheaper here than CL14 so not that really got me working to just try and OC that. But i would really like to go with B-Die and just invest in 3200/cl14 then OC to 3600 and that should be good.

As for storage this will be my main drive for windows (as samsung evo 1tb nvme is now in good price here) and i also have 1tb ssd for games and about 2-3 tb on 3,5" HDD so should be good.

And thanks for the input, really appreciate it. Picking right parts is hell, spent like last 20 days thinking what to buy lol.

Aesthetic wise, I'd suggest the 360mm AIO because I don't think you can fit a 280mm radiator + a 120mm fan the side, bottom or top. 

4 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

Aesthetic wise, I'd suggest the 360mm AIO because I don't think you can fit a 280mm radiator + a 120mm fan the side, bottom or top.

I think 280mm will fit top and then i planned to buy additional fans on the side and smack them in there.