Possible bad flash? Netgear R7000

So, I flashed my Netgear R7000 with DD-WRT and it worked just fine.   After rebooting it, it began boot looping and I would have to hold the reset button for more than a minute in order to restore to factory defaults.  Or rather to be able to try again.  So, I re-flashed it again.  And it does the same thing, it works just fine until I restart it and it boot loops itself again.

Important:  I KNOW that the firmware is the correct firmware, I KNOW it's the correct hardware, I KNOW it's the correct model number.

What am I doing wrong here?  Is it my fault or is it the fault of Netgear or DD-WRT (developers)?

34 minutes ago, Bendy_BSD said:

So, I flashed my Netgear R7000 with DD-WRT and it worked just fine.   After rebooting it, it began boot looping and I would have to hold the reset button for more than a minute in order to restore to factory defaults.  Or rather to be able to try again.  So, I re-flashed it again.  And it does the same thing, it works just fine until I restart it and it boot loops itself again.

Important:  I KNOW that the firmware is the correct firmware, I KNOW it's the correct hardware, I KNOW it's the correct model number.

What am I doing wrong here?  Is it my fault or is it the fault of Netgear or DD-WRT (developers)?

Yes that can happen.  Depends what you were doing while flashing and what not.  So just use older firmware and what not.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

5 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

Yes that can happen.  Depends what you were doing while flashing and what not.  So just use older firmware and what not.

I wasn't doing anything.

I didn't unplug it while it was flashing itself, I didn't change any settings while it was flashing, I literally let it do it's flashing with no possibility of interruption.

too bad there isn't memtest86 for routers.  (bad joke I know.  But, I'm kinda curious if bad RAM on a router would do it?)

3 minutes ago, Bendy_BSD said:

I wasn't doing anything.

I didn't unplug it while it was flashing itself, I didn't change any settings while it was flashing, I literally let it do it's flashing with no possibility of interruption.

too bad there isn't memtest86 for routers.  (bad joke I know.  But, I'm kinda curious if bad RAM on a router would do it?)

Try to reset router again and turn it off while your at it.  Both Router and modem.  Then plug in and let us know what happens.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

1 hour ago, Turtle Rig said:

Try to reset router again and turn it off while your at it.  Both Router and modem.  Then plug in and let us know what happens.

851.png

*sigh*  I feel like a complete IDIOT right now...

So, if I had to assume this correctly, there's a reason behind the following files the DD-WRT website lists.

factory-to-dd-wrt.chk

upgrade.bin

the .chk file is there just to get into the os to upgrade to the binary.  A "live image" if you will.

and the .bin file is the full installation file more or less?

If so, then just look at the image at the top for context of what my reaction is.

I'm also terribly sorry for this, this is my fault for not knowing about it earlier.  >~<

My punishment now is to figure out how to go from tomato to dd-wrt. XP