New gaming headset? Advice?

nemaides

So, before i start off, i know for sound it would be better for me to get a decent pair of headphones and a mic, but i don't like having either my mic on my table or another wire i can screw up somehow on my headphones.

But yeah, as the title says, i'm looking to get a headset, i was wondering what would give me the best gaming experience in ways like knowing the enemy position (footsteps, shots ect.).

I currently have a CM Storm Sirus plugged into a Soundblaster Z soundcard. I feel they're "ok", but more than often it tricks me, so i hear people behind me, when they're actually just further infront of me. (and yes, i have checked my connections, this also happends with the included USB controller), and of course, that can ruin a whole match in competetive play (talking CS:GO here) if that happens.

I am willing to sacrifice my music experience, to enhance my gaming experience.

Currently i was thinking of something like a Steelseries 9H ? But i've read bad reviews about it, same about the elite, i'm willing to use money on them, but no more than 270USD (since that is quite alot of money when converted to my currency....)

Sennheiser PC360 are a good choice which are already out right now. If you're willing to wait about a month, the audio technica adg-1 are bound to be great (they're based on the great ad700x headphones, but they're a headset. They also look much nicer than the pc360 or ad700x) 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Sennheiser PC360 are a good choice which are already out right now. If you're willing to wait about a month, the audio technica adg-1 are bound to be great (they're based on the great ad700x headphones, but they're a headset. They also look much nicer than the pc360 or ad700x) 

But the ADG-1 are way out of his budget, they are about £270

I am willing to sacrifice my music experience, to enhance my gaming experience.

Good luck with that.

I'll think about the audo technicas, but as sonarctica wrote:

But the ADG-1 are way out of his budget, they are about £270

they are out of my budget, though, if they are AMAZINGLY GOOD i might buy them, but some more suggestions would also be nice :P

Good luck with that.

lol. Damn right. Music experience and gaming experience go hand in hand. But if he's not willing to go the modmic/zalman mic route or get a desktop mic, then too bad for him. He'll sacrifice both his musical and gaming experience muahahaha

ad 700 or 700x, watever is cheaper, then clip on mic

Get the PC360, I have them, they're phenomenal for both games and music.

Here is my review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/101300-my-sennheiser-pc-360-review/

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

-snip-

I just looked at Mad Lust Envy's gaming headphone guide on head-fi, and for your price range, the Skullcandy SLYR are your best bet (according to that dude)... they cost 47-65 pounds in the UK and are apparently the best headset in that price range. Amazon.co.uk is a ripoff, selling them at 65 pounds, but they're on sale on ebay uk for 47 pounds. Probably your best bet because at least that madlustenvy guy on head-fi isn't talking out of his arse. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skullcandy-SLYR-Over-Ear-Gaming-Headphones-White-w-Boom-Mic-In-Line-Mixer-/261303676047?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item3cd6e9ac8f

IF the choice is between the excellent PC360's and Skullcandy anything, the answer is still never go Skullcandy. They prize looks over actual performance which is awful for headsets.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

if you absolutely want to- the ADG1 is the same as a ATH-AD700X, which have like THE best soundstage for gaming, gives very good positional audio, without the use of pesky, filthy virtual surround. if not- Sennheiser PC360 all the way, considering you only want headsets. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

Alright, thanks guys, i think i'll go for the PC360 :D

Actually always wanted that headset for a long time, but i never bought it for some reason :o

Edit: There, it's ordered :D

Again, thanks for your help! can't wait for it to arrive :)