Need IEM recommendations

needmorewood

my requirements
$80-200 (large range but let me explain
wraps around the back of my ear, because thats just really comfortable to me versus it just hanging out of my ears (preference not mandatory)

basically if the $80 are pretty close to something around $200 id rather get those but if something near $200 and is really awesome i could pull through and get them
noise isolation is pretty important as i will be outside and on bus'/ trains alot

and has to be available in Canada

IEM for $200? might aswell get COP's, M50's, Shure's...

if you still want an IEM, the only good ones I know are shure and sennheiser

people think IEMs are junk when they're not. No closed headphones will beat an IEM in terms of noise isolation, and you can get absolutely fantastic sound out of IEMs provided you have the right eartips. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

people think IEMs are junk when they're not. No closed headphones will beat an IEM in terms of noise isolation, and you can get absolutely fantastic sound out of IEMs provided you have the right eartips. 

I personally care more for sound quality than noise isolation, especially when it comes to artificial noise cancellation

i have 2 pairs of headphones one of them are COP's. this is for portability and commuting, class, studying outside my house etc. im not going to lug around headphones cause i dont want to :P

yea those brands are good sure but i need specific products. its a large range i want people to give their recommendations so i can start with a narrower set of products

and sometimes i just dont want to wear headphones

i have 2 pairs of headphones one of them are COP's. this is for portability and commuting, class, studying outside my house etc. im not going to lug around headphones cause i dont want to :P

yea those brands are good sure but i need specific products. its a large range i want people to give their recommendations so i can start with a narrower set of products

this is for price range reasons i60 

I'd personally ask @EmoRarity or @ShearMe who has more knowledge on all of this

my requirements

$80-200 (large range but let me explain

wraps around the back of my ear, because thats just really comfortable to me versus it just hanging out of my ears

basically if the $80 are pretty close to something around $200 id rather get those but if something near $200 and is really awesome i could pull through and get them

noise isolation is pretty important as i will be outside and on bus'/ trains alot

and has to be available in Canada

What type of music do you listen to mostly? 

those are above $200 (about $50 over)

I personally care more for sound quality than noise isolation, especially when it comes to artificial noise cancellation

huh? I'm saying that most IEMs provide a lot more passive noise isolation than any closed headphones, period

obviously portability is unrivaled with IEMs, and I personally have IEMs that I enjoy more than headphones that many people call excellent (namely the HD25, SRH840 etc...) 

What type of music do you listen to mostly? 

hip/hop, dad rock.... idk pretty much everything that isnt country or dubstep, or metal

hip/hop, dad rock.... idk pretty much everything that isnt country or dubstep, or metal

Yamaha EPH-100 are probably what you want. They're stylish, sound terrific, isolate extremely well, and have amazing build quality. The cheapeast price I could find them for in canada was a little less than 130 CAD on ebay (amazon canada was a ripoff at over 200). V-sonic Gr07 BE would also be a great choice, but they're a little more expensive and they probably wouldn't be as good as the eph-100 for your usage scenario, and the 80 dollar difference is not worth it. 

hHEz6dx.png

Don't tag me bro.

I know jack about IEMs - have only had a handful, and no over-and-around the ears in OP's budget.

Don't tag me bro.

I know jack about IEMs.

aw, well at least Emo does..I think

Yamaha EPH-100 are probably what you want. They're stylish, sound terrific, isolate extremely well, and have amazing build quality. The cheapeast price I could find them for in canada was a little less than 130 CAD on ebay (amazon canada was a ripoff at over 200). V-sonic Gr07 BE would also be a great choice, but they're a little more expensive and they probably wouldn't be as good as the eph-100 for your usage scenario, and the 80 dollar difference is not worth it. 

hHEz6dx.png

can u give me a decent buyer? gotta be brand new and from a store front. ebay is ok just so its some sort of store

can u give me a decent buyer? gotta be brand new and from a store front. ebay is ok just so its some sort of store

I think http://www.ebay.ca/itm/191052539682 should be a trustworthy buyer. If memory serves me right he's a member of head-fi and all... Price is also pretty good. 

aw, well at least Emo does..I think

I know enough, but depressed so I'm not going to bother being help. 

Don't tag me.

Don't tag me.

sorri D: 

is it that time of the month again? :P

don't kill me

sorri D: 

is it that time of the month again? :P

don't kill me

Time of year again. 

Westone UM1 ?

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

I have a shure se215 and they are pretty good. Sound isolation is very good and the sound signature is strong bass and highs with a lack of mids. The build quality is good and have a detachable cable so if the cable breaks you don't need to replace the whole thing.

Don't tag me.

sorry to hear that and i hope u feel better soon

sorry to hear that and i hope u feel better soon

Implying I have an inclination to feel better or am not content with my current state of mind. 

Implying I have an inclination to feel better or am not content with my current state of mind. 

well ur depressed so u cant really be content.... cause then u wouldnt be depressed.....cant be happy to be sad lol

but muh non-emotional disorder feels