Computer won't post at all, no bios, no display

SharpY

Hey guys, been a long time since I've been on the forums.. Life got in the way and all.. But I need your help! 

Skip to the bottom for what I've tried if you don't want to read a book. 

Short explaination.. 

I'm in the military so I didn't use my computer often, let my buddy's wife use it.. I kept all my drives in a box.. It worked great while she used it... Here in May, I asked for it back.. Thing wouldn't start.. Thought it was the power supply because of its age.. Tested with my buddy's power supply.. No change.. Cleared cmos etc.. Nothing.. Tried his ssd.. It worked.. So my ssd died.. No biggie.. Time for an upgrade anywho. 

Got a 1TB SanDisk ssd.. Cool.. Works for about two months.. Then my dog spills a drink into the computer while it's on.. Thing is dead.. Tear it down.. Clean it all up hoping it's good.. PSU officially dead now, and my graphics card litterly caught fire when thrown in another system.. 

Fast forward about a few weeks.. I grab a known good powersupply and my super old GPU from my buddy a few states away.. Computer went in a weird boot loop.. Cleared cmos a few times.. Finally starts up.. Then I forgot I needed a different driver when I booted a game.. Bsod.. Booted right back up.. Clean install of driver.. And we're good for like a week.. Then I left a game open after testing how garbage my old GPU was lol.. Bsod.. Kernal error or something.. Didn't see it well.. No its back in the weird boot loop. 

Things I've tried this time.. Reseating all the ram, 1 stick at a time

Reseating the GPU, and different pci power cords, 

Removing drives, new sata connectors as well

Moving fans around in the headers, 

Cmos clearing again which caused the new issue.. 

Computer specs :

Cpu: i5 4670k

PSU: corsair gs600 (was a corsair cx600)

GPU: evga 550ti (was a msi 980)

Mobo: msi z87-g43 gaming 

Ssd: 1tb San disk (was Kingston 120gb)

Hdd: 1tb Seagate barracuda

Cooler: corsair h100i pull config 

Misc stuff in system: wifi card in pci slot

Mouse cm Strom something 

Keyboard cm storm rapid I brown switches

I'm thinking my MOBO may be dead.. But my cpu cooler, fans, and hdd seem to spin all fine and light up etc, but no booting (all different types of display cables were used to rule that out) 

I'm uploading a video to YouTube.. But since I can't use my wired gigabit.. May take a bit.. I'll add below once uploaded. 

Any reply is appreciated guys. 

Check out my rig on my profile, Here!

Phone: Note 4 (32GB, White, 64GB "Mobile Ultra" mSD); Back-up Note 3 (32GB, Black)

Check out my internet speed, HERE!!!!!1!!!

My PC had a similar issue where all the fans and motherboard lights would come on, but would not boot. It turns out that my CPU was dead. Maybe that could be the problem? 

CPU- AMD Ryzen 5 2600

Cooler- Thermaltake Floe 240mm AIO Cooler

Motherboard- Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming

RAM- (2x4) 8GB Corsair Vengence 2400MHz DDR4

Storage- SanDisk 250GB SATA SSD

GPU- Gigabyte RX580 8GB

PSU- EVGA 500W 80+

Case- CoolerMaster MasterBox Lite 5 RGB

27 minutes ago, SharpY said:

Hey guys, been a long time since I've been on the forums.. Life got in the way and all.. But I need your help! 

Short explaination.. 

I'm in the military so I didn't use my computer often, let my buddy's wife use it.. I kept all my drives in a box.. It worked great while she used it... Here in May, I asked for it back.. Thing wouldn't start.. Thought it was the power supply because of its age.. Tested with my buddy's power supply.. No change.. Cleared cmos etc.. Nothing.. Tried his ssd.. It worked.. So my ssd died.. No biggie.. Time for an upgrade anywho. 

Got a 1TB SanDisk ssd.. Cool.. Works for about two months.. Then my dog spills a drink into the computer while it's on.. Thing is dead.. Tear it down.. Clean it all up hoping it's good.. PSU officially dead now, and my graphics card litterly caught fire when thrown in another system.. 

Fast forward about a few weeks.. I grab a known good powersupply and my super old GPU from my buddy a few states away.. Computer went in a weird boot loop.. Cleared cmos a few times.. Finally starts up.. Then I forgot I needed a different driver when I booted a game.. Bsod.. Booted right back up.. Clean install of driver.. And we're good for like a week.. Then I left a game open after testing how garbage my old GPU was lol.. Bsod.. Kernal error or something.. Didn't see it well.. No its back in the weird boot loop. 

Computer specs :

Mouse cm Strom something 

I'm thinking my MOBO may be dead.. But my cpu cooler, fans, and hdd seem to spin all fine and light up etc, but no booting (all different types of display cables were used to rule that out) 

I'm uploading a video to YouTube.. But since I can't use my wired gigabit.. May take a bit.. I'll add below once uploaded. 

Try a diferent cable and make sure all your connection are goodl  Is there any red light on you mobo ?

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

29 minutes ago, SharpY said:

Short explaination.. 

Computer specs :

Mouse cm Strom something 

My PC had a similar issue where all the fans and motherboard lights would come on, but would not boot. It turns out that my CPU was dead. Maybe that could be the problem? 

CPU- AMD Ryzen 5 2600

GPU- Gigabyte RX580 8GB

PSU- EVGA 500W 80+

No idea why the video went verticle. Guess the note 10 is stupid with YouTube lol

The hdd activity light is on and all.. But I've also tried new cables all around.  I hope it's not the cpu.. It's been a trusty little guy for a while now. 

Phone: Note 4 (32GB, White, 64GB "Mobile Ultra" mSD); Back-up Note 3 (32GB, Black)

1 hour ago, SharpY said:

No idea why the video went verticle. Guess the note 10 is stupid with YouTube lol

The hdd activity light is on and all.. But I've also tried new cables all around.  I hope it's not the cpu.. It's been a trusty little guy for a while now. 

It could be multiple reasons. Maybe it is a cable. I couldn't tell if there was any lights on the motherboard. 

CPU- AMD Ryzen 5 2600

GPU- Gigabyte RX580 8GB

PSU- EVGA 500W 80+

11 minutes ago, PCGuy7 said:

It could be multiple reasons. Maybe it is a cable. I couldn't tell if there was any lights on the motherboard. 

There's a couple under the gpu, such as the "sound blaster" led and what not.. But nothing else that was ever on.. That was on like normal though.. Fortunately for normal use the gpu covers that white led lol. 

I'll try some other cables again if I can find anymore. I believe I still have a brand new sata and a couple others in their package, but gotta dig up again. 

2 minutes ago, SharpY said:

There's a couple under the gpu, such as the "sound blaster" led and what not.. But nothing else that was ever on.. That was on like normal though.. Fortunately for normal use the gpu covers that white led lol. 

I'll try some other cables again if I can find anymore. I believe I still have a brand new sata and a couple others in their package, but gotta dig up again. 

When my PC started acting up, I tried switching everything, but everything led to the CPU. Is there any bent pins in the socket? 

CPU- AMD Ryzen 5 2600

GPU- Gigabyte RX580 8GB

PSU- EVGA 500W 80+

1 minute ago, PCGuy7 said:

When my PC started acting up, I tried switching everything, but everything led to the CPU. Is there any bent pins in the socket? 

I'll double check that as well... Cpu is the only thing I haven't removed from the board itself.  I haven't touched it in years since it was always at a low temp and low usage life due to the cooler.  Be a good time to change the thermal compound too I guess, been meaning to lol

One weird thing that happened before all of this.. Not sure which way it'd point if it's related.. I tried to redo my overclock (took it to base clock when I let someone use the computer), and it wouldn't let me manually hold any overclock.. So I tried the oc genie since it only brought it up about.   .4ghz... And it wouldn't make it past the bios giving an error it didn't hold the oc.. But always booted just fine stock.. And with turbo on (off while oc of course) 

But I'll have to check the pins in about two hours when I get home from work 

1 hour ago, SharpY said:

I'll double check that as well... Cpu is the only thing I haven't removed from the board itself.  I haven't touched it in years since it was always at a low temp and low usage life due to the cooler.  Be a good time to change the thermal compound too I guess, been meaning to lol

One weird thing that happened before all of this.. Not sure which way it'd point if it's related.. I tried to redo my overclock (took it to base clock when I let someone use the computer), and it wouldn't let me manually hold any overclock.. So I tried the oc genie since it only brought it up about.   .4ghz... And it wouldn't make it past the bios giving an error it didn't hold the oc.. But always booted just fine stock.. And with turbo on (off while oc of course) 

But I'll have to check the pins in about two hours when I get home from work 

It could be an overclock that may not be working, I'm not an expert on overclocks so I'm not sure. 

CPU- AMD Ryzen 5 2600

GPU- Gigabyte RX580 8GB

PSU- EVGA 500W 80+

Just checked the pins, they're all good, cpu was in great physical looking shape, no issues with seepage of thermal compound or anything.. Reseated everything with no change.  

I decided to look a bit deeper at the mobo, doesn't seem to have any blown or leaky caps or anything visually wrong.. I'm about to rip it out and get a better look at the back and all.  

Sounds stupid, but I guess when the spill happened.. I got lucky it hit really only the graphics card.. Even if it was such a little amount and it only hit the pci power which also killed the psu.. But not as trace at all anywhere else fortunately so far... The more I dig.. The more I think somehow it may have over voted the pci slot or something. 

But I also tried new sata cords, different slots on the mobo, nothing.  

Also jumped the psu to power on with the 24pin.. Same thing as it plugged in.  So mobo out it is I guess lol. 

24 minutes ago, SharpY said:

Just checked the pins, they're all good, cpu was in great physical looking shape, no issues with seepage of thermal compound or anything.. Reseated everything with no change.  

I decided to look a bit deeper at the mobo, doesn't seem to have any blown or leaky caps or anything visually wrong.. I'm about to rip it out and get a better look at the back and all.  

Sounds stupid, but I guess when the spill happened.. I got lucky it hit really only the graphics card.. Even if it was such a little amount and it only hit the pci power which also killed the psu.. But not as trace at all anywhere else fortunately so far... The more I dig.. The more I think somehow it may have over voted the pci slot or something. 

But I also tried new sata cords, different slots on the mobo, nothing.  

Also jumped the psu to power on with the 24pin.. Same thing as it plugged in.  So mobo out it is I guess lol. 

That is what I was thinking as well. Maybe the water went into the PCIE slot. Is there more than one PCIE slot on the board? If so, maybe try putting the GPU in to a different slot. 

CPU- AMD Ryzen 5 2600

GPU- Gigabyte RX580 8GB

PSU- EVGA 500W 80+

1 hour ago, PCGuy7 said:

That is what I was thinking as well. Maybe the water went into the PCIE slot. Is there more than one PCIE slot on the board? If so, maybe try putting the GPU in to a different slot. 

It also looks like your CPU has on-board graphics, so you could plug your monitor in there. 

CPU- AMD Ryzen 5 2600

GPU- Gigabyte RX580 8GB

PSU- EVGA 500W 80+