Would this pc be good.

Go to solution Solved by 5x5,
Just now, Dylan Clarke said:

cheers. you have been a massive help :]

No problem, friend :) - have a good one and let the system serve you well :P

57 minutes ago, Dylan Clarke said:

I have had my pc for ages now and I'm thinking of getting a new one that smashes any game on the market. I'm looking for more than 60fps cause I have a 144hz monitor. Would u say this is a good pc or a good deal? 

Have you considered Ryzen, by the way, or do you wanna stick to Intel?

Ryzen 5 2600 | Asus ROG Strix GTX 1660 Ti | Asus ROG Strix B450-E | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8) RAM 3200MHZ 16CL | Cooler Master Mastercase H500 | TX650M GOLD | 2TB WD BLUE 5400 RPM | 500GB SATA SSD | Asus MG248QE Monitor| ---------- | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse | SkullCandy Crusher Wireless Headphones | Trash $6 membrane keyboard from a brand which I can't read the name of because it's literally so cheap that the company's logo hasn't been printed right and the letters are unclear and now that we're at it it's so loud and hurts my fingertips I honestly regret buying it I wish I'd bought normal ram sticks instead of corsair's overpriced rgb ones and with the money I saved buy a better keyboard instead

4 minutes ago, DumboDodo said:

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend that. An unreasonable amount of the units sold are DOA. I'd rather go with the Corsair CX650M or the Gigabyte P650B or S12II 620W. They are all around the same price on Amazon. I wouldn't say Cooler Master is known for its PSUs in general, so I think sticking to the brands that have better positions in the field is always better when it comes to PSUs. Personal opinion

I didn’t recommend it lol.. I couldn’t find the exact one they were using and this one came close to it. Price is off the internet. 

I didn’t recommend this build at all, it’s what the prebuilt comes with ?

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

1 minute ago, Stormseeker9 said:

I didn’t recommend it lol.. I couldn’t find the exact one they were using and this one came close to it. Price is off the internet. 

I didn’t recommend this build at all, it’s what the prebuilt comes with ?

Ohh my bad. I thought you were making an alternative one because I didn't really read the pre-built rig that he wants since it's so long and the specs are excessively detailed. When I saw the PCPartPicker lists in the comments, I thought they were all recommendations from you guys lol

Ryzen 5 2600 | Asus ROG Strix GTX 1660 Ti | Asus ROG Strix B450-E | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8) RAM 3200MHZ 16CL | Cooler Master Mastercase H500 | TX650M GOLD | 2TB WD BLUE 5400 RPM | 500GB SATA SSD | Asus MG248QE Monitor| ---------- | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse | SkullCandy Crusher Wireless Headphones | Trash $6 membrane keyboard from a brand which I can't read the name of because it's literally so cheap that the company's logo hasn't been printed right and the letters are unclear and now that we're at it it's so loud and hurts my fingertips I honestly regret buying it I wish I'd bought normal ram sticks instead of corsair's overpriced rgb ones and with the money I saved buy a better keyboard instead

12 hours ago, 5x5 said:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  (£317.58 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£206.99 @ Aria PC)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport AT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (£75.59 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital Black NVMe 250 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£61.12 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital Blue 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£116.52 @ CCL Computers)
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB Dual Video Card  (£599.99 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Fractal Design Define S ATX Mid Tower Case  (£72.97 @ Laptops Direct)
Power Supply: SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (£95.47 @ Scan.co.uk)
Total: £1546.23
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-09 18:19 BST+0100

Better in every possible way

the cpu is 3.6ghz. can it be overclocked to 4?

1 hour ago, Dylan Clarke said:

the cpu is 3.6ghz. can it be overclocked to 4?

It will auto boost, don't worry. Just enable PBO (Precision Boost Overdrive) in the settings and it will automatically boost better than you could ever manually overclock

1 hour ago, 5x5 said:

It will auto boost, don't worry. Just enable PBO (Precision Boost Overdrive) in the settings and it will automatically boost better than you could ever manually overclock

Is pbo in bios settings? 

1 minute ago, Dylan Clarke said:

Is pbo in bios settings? 

It's either there on in Ryzen Master

6 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

It's either there on in Ryzen Master

What would u say the ryzen cpu is equivalent to. Cause I only know Intel cpu's tbh

5 minutes ago, Dylan Clarke said:

What would u say the ryzen cpu is equivalent to. Cause I only know Intel cpu's tbh

The 3700X is pretty close to the 9900K but much cheaper

3 hours ago, 5x5 said:

Oh and in my pc already I have 2 8gb sticks of Corsair ram 3000mhz. Got it for Christmas so it’s not that old.should I just use that?

3 hours ago, 5x5 said:

And do I need a cpu cooler?

22 minutes ago, Dylan Clarke said:

And do I need a cpu cooler?

The 3700X comes with the Wraith Prism. That's more than enough. You can look it up. It's a large downdraft cooler with heapipes and even RGB.

Also yes, you can use your mwmoey

34 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

The 3700X comes with the Wraith Prism. That's more than enough. You can look it up. It's a large downdraft cooler with heapipes and even RGB.

Also yes, you can use your mwmoey

If I was to get the i7 9700k would I need a cooler for that. If so I won’t bother and I’ll just get the one u said. Cause with the i7 9700k the FPS is a decent amount higher

25 minutes ago, Dylan Clarke said:

If I was to get the i7 9700k would I need a cooler for that. If so I won’t bother and I’ll just get the one u said. Cause with the i7 9700k the FPS is a decent amount higher

Yes. Intel don't include a cooler at all with K CPUs. You'd need at least a 50-60$ cooler to avoid overheating since the i7 runs hot.

Also - the FPS difference, as I may have stated, is only there with an overclocked i7 at 1080p with a 2080 Ti - in every other scenario the performance in games is dead even with some games being slightly better on Intel (Metro for example) and others on AMD (CS:GO really likes Ryzen)

4 hours ago, 5x5 said:

Yes. Intel don't include a cooler at all with K CPUs. You'd need at least a 50-60$ cooler to avoid overheating since the i7 runs hot.

Also - the FPS difference, as I may have stated, is only there with an overclocked i7 at 1080p with a 2080 Ti - in every other scenario the performance in games is dead even with some games being slightly better on Intel (Metro for example) and others on AMD (CS:GO really likes Ryzen)

oke thanks. so your 100% sure i dont need a cooler for the ryzen. dont want my pc overheating :]

4 hours ago, 5x5 said:

and is 550 watts enough. or do i need 600 +

7 minutes ago, Dylan Clarke said:

and is 550 watts enough. or do i need 600 +

It's more than enough - the 3700X needs about 100W with PBO and the GPU also needs 200-250W. You could, realistically, run the system on a SS Prime 450W but I'd say get 550 for headroom

2 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

It's more than enough - the 3700X needs about 100W with PBO and the GPU also needs 200-250W. You could, realistically, run the system on a SS Prime 450W but I'd say get 550 for headroom

apprieciate this :]

11 minutes ago, Dylan Clarke said:

oke thanks. so your 100% sure i dont need a cooler for the ryzen. dont want my pc overheating :]

The 3700X comes with this. It's more than enough. The same one is used as the stock cooler for the 3900X

image.thumb.png.41dab701a1dfb1f21ea683a6a8e77d5f.png

Just now, 5x5 said:

The 3700X comes with this. It's more than enough. The same one is used as the stock cooler for the 3900X

do u not need any general fans in the computer. 

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

and i already have this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seasonic-SSR-650FX-FOCUS-Power-Supply/dp/B073GY89G5/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=seasonic%2Bpsu&qid=1568142389&s=gateway&sr=8-1&th=1 its a downgrade but do u reckon i should just sell that and get the one u said

and i already have this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seasonic-SSR-650FX-FOCUS-Power-Supply/dp/B073GY89G5/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=seasonic%2Bpsu&qid=1568142389&s=gateway&sr=8-1&th=1 its a downgrade but do u reckon i should just sell that and get the one u said

The Focus has some issues - I'd replace it with an RMx 550 if possible.

1 minute ago, Dylan Clarke said:

do u not need any general fans in the computer. 

1 intake and 1 exhaust should be enough but you can get 2 intakes if you want max airflow

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

1 intake and 1 exhaust should be enough but you can get 2 intakes if you want max airflow

Honestly i know how to do everything now, but what fans do i need? 

2 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

i already have a 1tb 7200rpm drive and a 500gb crucial ssd and the 16gb ram. so that should bring the price down a bit

Honestly i know how to do everything now, but what fans do i need? 

Get any cheap 120mm or 140mm case fans. No point in spending much on them

i already have a 1tb 7200rpm drive and a 500gb crucial ssd and the 16gb ram. so that should bring the price down a bit

Yes, you can absolutely use them :) - if the RAM is slow it may affect the CPU performance slightly but nothing more than 3-4%