new to linux

toufik

hi im new user to pop os i switch from windows and i have problem with this i cant understand the system very well but my problem is how i can install driver intel / amd

i have this laptop cpu intel i3 and gpu amd 7670m 2gb HD 8 gb ram hdd i dont understand how to install or update drivers its verry diffrent for me cuz my first time using this system

i have last version pop os 19.04 intel /amd version if u have any idea how it works or somthing can help or any edvice pls let me know

4 minutes ago, Genwyn said:

Software and Updates and then Additional Drivers from whatever the main menu gives.

Most stuff should be handled out of the box, you can also just terminal cli update if you want.

Take look

Screenshot from 2019-09-08 12-21-37.png

There should be no need for you to install any drivers for that hardware, it should all be supported out of the box.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

There should be no need for you to install any drivers for that hardware, it should all be supported out of the box.

what do u mean its already installed or the drivers that i have not supported ?

Intel I3 and HD7000 series drivers should be included with the operating system and should be already installed.

You shouldn't need to do anything.

Open terminal and enter

sudo lshw -c video

then hit enter, copy the output and paste it here.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Intel I3 and HD7000 series drivers should be included with the operating system and should be already installed.

You shouldn't need to do anything.

Open terminal and enter

sudo lshw -c video

then hit enter, copy the output and paste it here.

*-display                 
       description: VGA compatible controller
       product: Thames [Radeon HD 7500M/7600M Series]
       vendor: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]
       physical id: 0
       bus info: pci@0000:01:00.0
       version: 00
       width: 64 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: pm pciexpress msi vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
       configuration: driver=radeon latency=0
       resources: irq:26 memory:a0000000-afffffff memory:c0600000-c061ffff ioport:3000(size=256) memory:c0620000-c063ffff
  *-display
       description: VGA compatible controller
       product: 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller
       vendor: Intel Corporation
       physical id: 2
       bus info: pci@0000:00:02.0
       version: 09
       width: 64 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: msi pm vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
       configuration: driver=i915 latency=0
       resources: irq:25 memory:c0000000-c03fffff memory:b0000000-bfffffff ioport:4000(size=64) memory:c0000-dffff

Yep, that's all working perfectly.

Yep, that's all working perfectly.

well so im ready for gaming and making music without any problems then ?

Just now, toufik said:

well so im ready for gaming and making music without any problems then ?

Well the drivers are installed and working.

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

Well the drivers are installed and working.

wow cant belive this man thank u soo mush for replay and have nice day man too mush I appreciate that

8 minutes ago, toufik said:

wow cant belive this man thank u soo mush for replay and have nice day man too mush I appreciate that

Linux is really nice when you have AMD graphics, hope you have a good experience with Pop! :)

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

12 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Linux is really nice when you have AMD graphics, hope you have a good experience with Pop! :)

yeah i see that icant belive its easy better then wasting time on windows download software reboting stuff errors u know well thanks anyway :)