My biggest predicament

Energycore

As some of you guys will know (cough @Den-Fi) I have a tendency to break my headphones.

I think the reason is simple: I like 'buds* and I like to carry them around in my pants pockets. Naturally all the movement and pressure produces premature wear on them.

I've been exploring some options to replace the last ones I got gifted by a good friend. They were from a drop and had really nice sound, but I can't remember their name, so I'm looking at least for midrange sound.

Here's the caveat: I can only spend $40. More expensive earbuds would really really have to be justified (if you pitch me some indestructible aerospace grade titanium alloy headphones that will last someone who likes it rough like me more than 4 years, I might be persuaded to spend $50, and that's stretching it ?)

So what I'm thinking is one of two:

1) Wireless buds. Simple deal: no fiddling with cables, throw them in a small box once you're done using them. Potential risks: low-end wireless ones might have signal problems / derpy bluetooth integration. Sound might not be as good and they probably have to be charged.

2) The cheapest possible earbuds that still have decent sound. If I do this, I'd be admitting my personal limitations, grabbing something for say, $15 and expecting a year of life out of them tops. If I do this I'd be stuck with mediocre sound or some other corner cutting problem, of course.

What do you guys think? I'd love to hear the opinion of audiophiles and valuephiles alike.

*What made you think I meant something other than earbuds? You nasty person you!

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

I think maybe Tin T2s would sound good but more importantly mean you would have a detachable cable so that if do you destroy the cable, it's like buying a cheapo pair of buds to get a new cable. They're like $45-50, but I think the extra might be worth it for detachable.

21 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

I think maybe Tin T2s would sound good but more importantly mean you would have a detachable cable so that if do you destroy the cable, it's like buying a cheapo pair of buds to get a new cable. They're like $45-50, but I think the extra might be worth it for detachable.

Oh that's a very interesting proposition. Let's see how expensive they are after paying for imports.

EDIT: Aw man the price shoots up to $80+

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR