5700 XT BSOD

ad_hoc
Go to solution Solved by alatron978,

19.7.5 is the only somewhat stable driver right now, i get bsod's on 19.8.1, 19.8.2, and 19.9.1 no matter what im doing every 40-100mins.

Just got a 5700 XT Pulse.

Like many, I'm experiencing crashes.

I uninstalled my MSI Afterburner. I upgraded my driver to 19.9.1 but that made things worse so I reverted to 19.7.1.

Even if I'm just browsing the internet I will sometimes get a BSOD. I was able to play PubG for a couple hours when I got it but now I can't even open it. The game usually crashes as soon as I launch it but sometimes it causes the computer to crash too.

It's probably not my specific card right? Is this happening to everyone? Anything else I should do or is it just a driver issue and I need to wait for a better one?

19.7.5 is the only somewhat stable driver right now, i get bsod's on 19.8.1, 19.8.2, and 19.9.1 no matter what im doing every 40-100mins.

8700K @ 5.2ghz 1.29V, 4x8 Rev.E @ 4040 13-20-20-39 1.7V.

1 hour ago, alatron978 said:

Thanks for the tip. Downloading now.

Working so far. Got into PubG. Haven't seen a crash yet (1 hour).

Turn Super visual resolution off. It might be contributing to the problem. As soon as I took the suggestion and turned it on it would not even let me load into games. I turned it back off and no longer had that problem. Running the MSI 5700 xt MECH OC. Also I have had no bsods and I am using driver 19.9.1

AMD Ryzen 5800x | Corsair Pro 240 aio | Rog Strix B450-F Gaming | MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3X OC | 16gb gskill 3600 ddr4 | Crucial m2 3.0x4 1TB | Crucial ssd@1000,512, 275gb | Evga 1000w titanium | Case Fractal Define C Window |

Razer BlackWidow Lite Keyboard |  Steelseries Rival 600 mouse |  Steelseries Arctis 5-7.1 surround headset | Logitech - Z625 2.1 Speakers | Acer Predator X34 3440 x 1440 180 Hz G sync IPS Monitor

7 hours ago, urbancamper said:

Turn Super visual resolution off. It might be contributing to the problem. As soon as I took the suggestion and turned it on it would not even let me load into games. I turned it back off and no longer had that problem. Running the MSI 5700 xt MECH OC. Also I have had no bsods and I am using driver 19.9.1

Trying that out. No idea why it would be on by default.

This is off subject but I seriously can't believe AMD still releasing products with such shoddy driver support, you'd think they'd want to lose that stigma!