I need immediate help. I think someone hacked me? Any network pros please HELP.

Hawick
Go to solution Solved by AmilkyTool,
1 minute ago, Hawick said:

I'm using the same account across all my devices. What should I do?

https://myaccount.google.com/device-activity?pli=1 

go to that link to close your google account on other devices, i sold a phone and had to do that

I was just trying to download a picture and then I saw this:

Kr5hMGO.png

Send link to: " DESKTOP-VU5FNJ5 "

Who the hell is DESKTOP-VU5FNJ5? I checked network map in windows, there's no such computer or device connected locally or even remotely.  I checked router to see connected devices/clients and there's no DESKTOP-VU5FNJ5. I checked all my local IP's. I turned off all my connected devices, even my phone. Everything, restarted router and computer. This 

DESKTOP-VU5FNJ5

is still there.

PLEASE, what do I do? They might be stealing my info? What the f is this? 

you ever sign into chrome somewhere other than your main computer?

That's just a feature of chrome.

If you feel that scared, reset your google password and you'll be fine

Just now, adman29 said:

you ever sign into chrome somewhere other than your main computer?

That's just a feature of chrome.

If you feel that scared, reset your google password and you'll be fine

Do you have another computer with Google chrome on it?

It is a new feature of google chrome, you can send your open tabs to other devices with google chrome and your google account on it, i have a selection for my phone and laptop. It seems to pick the model names for the devices, so the names are a bit weird.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

4 minutes ago, Hawick said:

Is desktop-vuwhateveritis your computer? Even if your on the same account it could still ask you if you want to send from one of your devices to the other. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X  |  Cooler: Cryorig H7  |  Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar  |  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini  |  RAM: Team Vulcan 16GB  3000MHz  |  GPU: EVGA 1070ti Gaming (Kraken G12 Watercooled) |  PSU: Corsair TXM650  |  Storage: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB + WD Blue M.2 500GB  |  Network Card: Asus PCE-AC56  |  Monitor: Acer Nitro VG270U  |  Audio: Sennheiser HD6XX + Schiit Fulla 2

Laptop:

Lenovo s540:  CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3500U  |  RAM: 8GB DDR4 2666MHz  |  GPU: AMD Radeon Vega 8  |  Storage: 256GB NVME SSD

Other builds:

Spoiler

Workstation 1:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X  |  Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 Rev 2  |  Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming Pro  |  Case: Corsair Crystal 570X  |  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz  |  GPU: Nvidia Quadro P5000  |  PSU: Corsair TXM750  |  Storage 1: WD Green 120GB  |  Storage 2: WD Blue 1TB  |  Storage 3: Seagate Barracuda 4TB  |  Monitor: LG 27UD68

3 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Do you have another computer with Google chrome on it?

It is a new feature of google chrome, you can send your open tabs to other devices with google chrome and your google account on it, i have a selection for my phone and laptop. It seems to pick the model names for the devices, so the names are a bit weird.

It's not my computer name. I don't know who that is.

4 minutes ago, AmilkyTool said:

https://myaccount.google.com/device-activity?pli=1 

go to that link to close your google account on other devices, i sold a phone and had to do that

THANK YOU. I can see DESKTOP-VU5... listed there. Thanks, champ. It might have been caused by the fact that I used to have Windows 10 where I logged into my google account but I have Windows 7 now. Windows 10 creates such computer names. Thanks again. Problem solved.