Loop Looking a little cloudy

Vynro

Hey Guys I built a custom loop using Thermaltakes Pure Clear T1000 fluid, and up until 2 days ago it looked perfectly clear. Then one morning I woke up and it looked significantly cloudy and unpleasant. after further inspection there seems to be a cloudy build up on all tubes inside. Could I have a leaking Fitting? how could this  have happened. It happened overnight, so I'm note quite sure what could have caused this :( 

I realise that tubing does get worn overtime but I only built this loop 2 months ago. Any ideas as to what it could be ?

I'm not at home to take a picture right now but any insight is greatly appreciated!

1 minute ago, Vynro said:

Sounds like plasticizer leaching from soft tubing. Are you using soft tubing, and what brand? Do you only see cloudiness in the tubing or is it also present in the reservoir, can you see any build-up on the fins of the blocks. 

3 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Sounds like plasticizer leaching from soft tubing. Are you using soft tubing, and what brand? Do you only see cloudiness in the tubing or is it also present in the reservoir, can you see any build-up on the fins of the blocks. 

I'm using PETG tubing from thermaltake. I believe its also on the reservoir! Unfortunately my block is not transparent So i can't see anything on the fins in there, but I'd be willing to be it looks fairly similar. 

6 minutes ago, Vynro said:

I'm using PETG tubing from thermaltake. I believe its also on the reservoir! Unfortunately my block is not transparent So i can't see anything on the fins in there, but I'd be willing to be it looks fairly similar. 

If its a white murky appearance, my principle guess in this case (since you are not using soft tubing) is bacterial growth. With the given information of the lack of any biocide or anticorrosives (tier 3, according to my list anyway), I can only assume that biological growth may have taken hold in the 6% propylene glycol.

Here is a thread I tackled a while back with a similar description

IMG_20170613_224911.jpg.e5003006b7eabf7a3d4f0b3bdccfdf9c.jpg

1 minute ago, For Science! said:

If its a white murky appearance, my principle guess in this case (since you are not using soft tubing) is bacterial growth. With the given information of the lack of any biocide or anticorrosives (tier 3, according to my list anyway), I can only assume that biological growth may have taken hold in the 6% propylene glycol.

Here is a thread I tackled a while back with a similar description

IMG_20170613_224911.jpg.e5003006b7eabf7a3d4f0b3bdccfdf9c.jpg

Cool thank you! I guess that makes sense! It is a white murky substance. Thats rather unfortunate, I thought the bottle of coolant said it had anti-bacterial properties, but i guess i read it wrong and it is anti-corrosive stuff. Thanks so much for the informative solution. 

Do You have any recommendations for a good biocide? also a good way to clean the insides of the tubing ? I guess I got a little too excited to build the loop and overlooked these things! 

1 minute ago, Vynro said:

My personal favorite coolant is EK-CryoFuel transparent, but in my opinion anything with clearly documented biocides and anti-corrosives are good. I personally don't like adding additives drop-wise to coolants/water for the same reason I don't formulate my own toothpaste.

As for cleaning the tubing, I would use ample amounts of hot soapy water with a pipecleaner; it may scratch the insides slightly, but better than getting a re-growth from remaining bacteria. If you have spare tubing, I would personally consider re-bending the same bends.

11 minutes ago, For Science! said:

My personal favorite coolant is EK-CryoFuel transparent, but in my opinion anything with clearly documented biocides and anti-corrosives are good. I personally don't like adding additives drop-wise to coolants/water for the same reason I don't formulate my own toothpaste.

As for cleaning the tubing, I would use ample amounts of hot soapy water with a pipecleaner; it may scratch the insides slightly, but better than getting a re-growth from remaining bacteria. If you have spare tubing, I would personally consider re-bending the same bends.

Cool thanks man!