Wifi connected but no internet on windows

Hello there!

I have ran into a strange issue with my Asus X541UVK notebook in my flat. The notebook worked perfectly at home, but here it is displaying a strange behavior over wifi. The laptop connects, and is useable for 1-2 minutes, then loses internet access. The wifi stays connected, sometimes with the yellow symbol, sometimes just as it was. The laptop has a Realtek RT8732BE wifi card. These are the things I have tried:

- I have tried a broadcom card, but that was displaying the same problem, and this one could not even connect to the wifi half the time "unable to connect to network"

- I tried a fresh install of both 1803 and 1809 windows 10

- updated the bios to the latest version (308)

- used the Asus provided drivers, not the automatically downloaded windows ones

- then used the realtek drivers from realtek.com

Strangely, both wifi cards worked under a live Ubuntu 19.04, perfectly, without any issues.

The router is an Asus RT-N12+, with the latest firmware installed. All other devices work perfectly and reliably over wifi, such as my phone, an Acer Aspire 3 notebook, and 2 older computers. (one of which had the broadcom wificard i tried out).

Maybe I need to replace the router? (At home I have Tp-link, and an Asus RT-N66U routers and they worked fine.)

Any tips are welcome, as I have no idea how to fix this...