Asus 660 ti vs Asus 670

TicTac

just wanted to know what you guys think about this debate ? thinking of getting the asus 670 for my birthday

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

I always go for the fastest single GPU i can get with my money. I usually do not factor in overclocked performance as it is not guaranteed.

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

With the 660ti you have the better price/performance ratio, but if you are willing to pay the price for a 670 you should go for that one. Especially the Asus DCII is a very nice graphics card

I would always go for the 670 over the 660ti but they are both great cards, I would say the 660ti is amazing performance for it's price but definitely go for the 670.

Intel i5 3570K | Msi GTX 660 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | AsRock Z77 Extreme 6 | Sharkoon T28 

Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 | Rocaat Pyra | Steelseries 7H | Corsair SP2500

i think ill just go for the 670

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

Just my opinion, The 660ti is more bang for your buck and can over clock like mad but you can't overclock them so easy now:( But since it is a birthday gift why not ask for the 670 it's not your money after all;) and will out perform the 660ti stock. just a question though have you looked at maybe a 7950/7970? they can over clock a lot easier and higher then nvidia gpus now.

a 660ti is a great GPU, but there are also alot of AMD GPU's that are great for the price, especially if you will be doing surround gaming now, or in the future! have fun with your new video card :)

Look on both sides of the market. 79** cards are the best for gaming with a money stand point. Nvidia is more of a Adobe with gaming that is awesome as well. if your going with Nvidia get a 670! if you going with a AMD get 7950 or 7970.

Good luck!

LinusTechTips Livestream ModTeam

BUILD - i7-3770K @4.7GHz - Asus Maximus V Formula - Corsair Dominator Platinum - CM Storm Trooper w/ side window - Asus Matrix HD7970 Platinum - Corsair HX1050 - CM Storm Quick Fire TK BLUE - Razer Ourobours - Custom Loop

As the other guys said, 660ti is awesome when you look at it performance/dollar. But I would go for a 670. I have two of them and love them! But if you think the 670 price is too high, as an AMD alternative for the 660ti, you could look into the MSI 7950 3GB twin frzr 3. I believe the price is similar

The 660 Ti is a great card, however I believe it starts to hits its limits when you get into higher resolutions, or use heavy anti-aliasing. The 660 Ti has a gimped memory interface, 192-bit, compared to the 670's 256-bit. For how important the memory interface is, it's annoying that a lot of tech "enthusiasts" don't know what it is.

If you can afford it, get the 670 because it will pay off greatly later on down the line, especially if you can pick up a 2560x1440/1600 monitor later if you don't already have one.

With the 660ti you have the better price/performance ratio' date=' but if you are willing to pay the price for a 670 you should go for that one. Especially the Asus DCII is a very nice graphics card

This right here is a good analysis, but you also might want to look into http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202006. Its similar in pricing and performance to the 670.

wow everyone on this form is so nice and help fulL nice to see XD (unlike other tech ones everyone just say google it lul)

| Contact Information |

I'd definitely go for the 670 over a 660 ti. You should always go for the best single gpu you can afford. And, honestly, I wouldn't get a Radeon card over a 670. The 670 is significantly better than the hd 7970 WITH stock speeds.

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

I'd definitely go for the 670 over a 660 ti. You should always go for the best single gpu you can afford. And' date=' honestly, I wouldn't get a Radeon card over a 670. The 670 is significantly better than the hd 7970 WITH stock speeds.[/quote']

Just to point out that most 7970's come clocked at over 1000mhz and would easily destroy the 670 seeing as how its faster in some games than the 680....

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

With the 660ti you have the better price/performance ratio' date=' but if you are willing to pay the price for a 670 you should go for that one. Especially the Asus DCII is a very nice graphics card

this. I think the 660ti is definitely the best buy, but the 670 is better... for a "worst" price... if your wallet can handle the 670 then go for it, why not? :D

660ti seems like the more "bang for buck" choice, because of the fact it costs less and can be overclocked to the same speed as that of the 670.

Price v performance the 660ti but if you can afford the 670 get it because its obviously better performance but less of a value

The 660ti is better value, but if you have the money to go with the 670.

I say get a 660Ti and save the difference for an SSD or other upgrades. I bought a 670 within a couple weeks of the 660Ti launch and I kind of regretted my purchase after seeing the 660Ti is just spitting distance to the 670 in terms of performance.

The 660ti is approx $300 and the 670 is approx $500 if you look at the performance they have the same ratio so if you can afford the 670 go for it, but SLI-ing two 660ti's will do better and most people can't afford two 670's. Buy whatever your budget allows they have the same performance ratio

The 660ti is the best value for your money. I wouldn't suggest spending much more than $300 on a card now because the 7xx series should be out soon. As for the performance comparison, a good 660ti should easily overclock to 670 performance. But, it's all dependent on the silicon lottery.

I always go for the fastest single GPU i can get with my money. I usually do not factor in overclocked performance as it is not guaranteed.

Totally agree.

I don't even consider SLI/Crossfire anymore unless I want to run triple monitors.

Getting something like two 7970s becomes a little frustrating when the 8xxx series comes out and you've spent your budget on a micro-stuttering, sometimes-not-even-used crossfire configuration that draws more power, generates more heat and is incidentally louder.

I had a similar predicament with the last generation of Nvidia GPUs, a 560ti or 570. In the end I went for the 570 and don't regret my choice.

So in your case I would defiantly go for the 670.

Also, take a look at the performance gap between the cards in graph (almost 20 fps).

Happy Gaming!

post-396-13667860287132_thumb.jpg

System Spec

Corsair C70 Black -- Intel i7-4770K @4.2GHz -- Corsair H100i --Gigabtye Z87X D3H -- Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz (Blue)-- Sandisk Extreme SSD 240GB -- WD Caviar Black 2TB 7200rpm -- EVGA GTX 780 with ACX Cooler -- Corsair HX750