Please Help!

Ok, first things first. About 3 months ago my pc was working perfectly fine, I have a i7, 1050Ti and 4gb of RAM. but I get a 8 GB set of ram for my pc and as soon as I put it in there’s problems. In one of my games I’m getting stuttering, I decide to ignore it because whatever, it’s only one game. But over time my computer is getting more and more unstable. To the point where the desktop is shuffling icons every time I boot it up, Spotify can’t stay open for 30 seconds and chrome can’t survive more than one click! But with games and stuff like word it working perfectly fine!

WTF is going on!?

i would really like an answer as I have put in many, many, MANY hours into this pc and hate to see it in such a way.

PLEASE HELP!

Did you get a single 8gb stick? (1x8gb) or did you pair it with your existing 4gb aka 2x4gb? 

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

1 minute ago, DoctorNick said:

Did you get a single 8gb stick? (1x8gb) or did you pair it with your existing 4gb aka 2x4gb? 

No I got a whole new 2x4 kit.

Roger that. Get into bios and set XMP to enabled. If you are uncertain to how, search for bios in windows start. -> then choose advanced start - > pc will reboot -> choose UEFI.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Just now, DoctorNick said:

Roger that. Get into bios and set XMP to enabled.

Ok I’m doing that, can I ask what that is and why I’m doing it?

1 minute ago, Burnedice25 said:

Ok I’m doing that, can I ask what that is and why I’m doing it?

Yes. That is the timings settings for your memory.Auto timings is not always working on every system.

FS in Denmark/EU:

2 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Yes. That is the timings settings for your memory.Auto timings is not always working on every system.

I’m on the BIOS right now and it doesn’t have a option for it. It’s a motherboard from a DELL. it’s pretty good just doesn’t have all that fancy stuff.

ill keep looking

I just found a testing program on my bios, I’ll test the RAM and see what it says 

9 minutes ago, Burnedice25 said:

I just found a testing program on my bios, I’ll test the RAM and see what it says 

Maybe check this also:

attachment.php?attachmentid=68015&d=1507

FS in Denmark/EU:

16 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Ok so the bios test I just did said all the timings were correct. So is there anything else I can do?

Just now, DoctorNick said:

Maybe check this also:

attachment.php?attachmentid=68015&d=1507

And if I did something wrong wouldn’t it start to go bad immediately not a gradual curve like it has?

1 minute ago, Burnedice25 said:

And if I did something wrong wouldn’t it start to go bad immediately not a gradual curve like it has?

Not really. If its unstable like you say it will be like this. Its the same as running with a bad overclock... Memory writes wrng stuff to OS. OS goes bad, basically. Check placement :)

You can test memory with memtest86 too- this is a link to a bootable version (for USB). https://www.memtest86.com/downloads/memtest86-4.3.7-usb.img.zip

FS in Denmark/EU:

1 minute ago, DoctorNick said:

Not really. If its unstable like you say it will be like this. Its the same as running with a bad overclock... Memory writes wrng stuff to OS. OS goes bad, basically. Check placement :)

You can test memory with memtest86 too- this is a link to a bootable version (for USB). https://www.memtest86.com/downloads/memtest86-4.3.7-usb.img.zip

I’ll change them over the weekend as it’s 10 PM now, and if the problem stays I’ll post about it again when the forum is a bit more active.

thanks for all your help my dude!

Do the memory has the same frequency? ex 3000mhz... 2400mhz? CL =10 OR x... there are many aspects of a RAM module

• CPU - AMD 2600 OC @ 4.0GHZ w 1.3v Stable : Cinebench R20 MultiCore : 3050 Single Core: 413 : Blender Rendering 75C Full Load
  • CPU Paste - Arctic Silver Ceramique 2
  • Motherboard - MSI B450M GAMING PLUS
  • RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8gb 3000mhz CL15
  • GPU - XFX RX 580 GTS XXX
  • Case - DELUX CASE MT375 - Stripped to the frame for a better cooling
  • Storage - Samsung EVO 850 250gb
  • PSU - Segotep GTR 550
  • Display(s) - BenQ GL2250H
  • Cooling - Deepcool GAMMAXX 200T
  • Keyboard - A4Tech KD-126
  • Mouse - A4Tech N-400-2
  • Sound - AMD HD / RealTek ALC887