Ready to buy? First time build

NOON3

Hello everyone, i need a review of parts that i picked for my build. I went through a lot of information on the main parts of the PC assembly, that's what I got

. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/v4F3zY

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($195.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI B450M GAMING PLUS Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($84.89 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($81.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($74.99 @ Adorama)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($79.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card  ($539.99 @ B&H)
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($105.70 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1253.33
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Budget & Location

I live in Russia & budget = ~1300$

2. Aim

This PC is mostly for games, but also for working in CAD programs.

I'd use local stores and not order from US stores.

I'd get a 5700XT instead of a 2070 SUPER, a B450 TOMAHAWK instead of a B450M GAMING PLUS, and a MX500 500GB instead of a 860 EVO 500GB.

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

16 minutes ago, NOON3 said:

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G3

what do other G series models from EVGA look like price wise? They're better buys than the G3. I have a topic linked in my signature if you want to read it.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Yeah, i know. I used to PCpartpickerto simplify and all these parts are in Russian store too, which i will use to order from.

But there is not a large selection of motherboards in Russians stores and I have to order from computeruniverse (the most convenient way for me). list of mobo they have at this moment - https://www.computeruniverse.net/ru/search?cid=0&q=msi b450

@NunoLava1998

3 minutes ago, NOON3 said:

@NunoLava1998

Yeah, i know. I used to PCpartpickerto simplify and all these parts are in Russian store too, which i will use to order from.

But there is not a large selection of motherboards in Russians stores and I have to order from computeruniverse (the most convenient way for me). list of mobo they have at this moment - https://www.computeruniverse.net/ru/search?cid=0&q=msi b450

The motherboard you chose is fine if tomahawk not available.

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

11 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

what do other G series models from EVGA look like price wise? They're better buys than the G3. I have a topic linked in my signature if you want to read it.

I put wrong PSU in partpicker.

EVGA SuperNOVA G1+ - this is available in my store

47 minutes ago, NOON3 said:

G1+ is fine if that’s only available to you.

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

51 minutes ago, NOON3 said:

Eh. It's not great. Around CXM level i would say. 

Can you link the store that you're buying from?

12 minutes ago, hello_there_123 said:

Eh. It's not great. Around CXM level i would say. 

Can you link the store that you're buying from?

I’d say it’s on level with B2, G3.

Wouldnt cxm be more like pure power 10/11?

3 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

I’d say it’s on level with B2, G3.

Wouldnt cxm be more like pure power 10/11?

Pure power 10/11 are way better than CXM. 

G3 has OPP and OTP set too high but the overall build quality is good. So it's subjective as to how much those two protections will affect your ranking of them.  B2 I'm not really sure. 

I do know that the G1+ is based off the raider II platform, like the pure power 10/11 and evga GQ. But the power_good signal on it is not working, the transient response time is mediocre at best, and there's no surge protection for voltages (although a surge protector would probably solve this). 

1 minute ago, hello_there_123 said:

Pure power 10/11 are way better than CXM. 

G3 has OPP and OTP set too high but the overall build quality is good. So it's subjective as to how much those two protections will affect your ranking of them.  B2 I'm not really sure. 

But I do know that the G1+ is based off the raider II platform, like the pure power 10/11 and evga GQ. But the power_good signal on it is not working, the transient response time is mediocre at best, and there's no surge protection for voltages (although a surge protector would probably solve this). 

Fair.

personally I always recommend Corsair RMx series. Pricy but quality 

edit; or other Corsair models like TXM and sometimes CX for budget builds

9 hours ago, NOON3 said:

https://www.regard.ru/catalog/group43000.htm

This is a search specifically for power supplies

@hello_there_123

I use this other one to look for PSUs, here you put the parts of your machine and in the end it makes a recommendation, maybe it will help you:

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming