Corsair Lightning Node Pro acting weird

TheTallGuy
Go to solution Solved by TheTallGuy,

@Johnzilla97 I think I fixed the problem. I changed the cable going from the Lightning Node Pro to the LED's and right now nothing weird is happening and the colors seem to look a lot brighter.

When something weird starts happening again, I will let you know. So far it works.

Hey guys, don't know if I have the right forum for this but I have a problem. So I've got the Corsair Lightning Node Pro and it is acting weird.

Here is a video of what is happening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC7GQmTL8DE&feature=youtu.be

I have the leds in iCUE set to white.

I have checked all the connections, so could this be a software problem. Already reinstalled iCUE

if you can help me, please :)

Are you using some sort of adapter for power (Eg: Molex to SATA)? I had a similar issue with my Corsair H100i RGB Platinum SE, disconnected the adapter and it solved the problem.

20 minutes ago, Johnzilla97 said:

Are you using some sort of adapter for power (Eg: Molex to SATA)? I had a similar issue with my Corsair H100i RGB Platinum SE, disconnected the adapter and it solved the problem.

I am using this:

IMG_20190828_195932.jpg

1 minute ago, TheTallGuy said:

I am using this:

IMG_20190828_195932.jpg

Connecting to other SATA power connector won't solve the problem I suppose...

Is iCUE reporting a firmware update failure or some sort of warning on the device? Try a force update of the firmware, maybe it solves.

2 minutes ago, Johnzilla97 said:

Connecting to other SATA power connector won't solve the problem I suppose...

Is iCUE reporting a firmware update failure or some sort of warning on the device? Try a force update of the firmware, maybe it solves.

I forced updated it, but this did not solve the problem. Gonna try and connect it to another SATA power connector in case the one I'm using is bad...

3 minutes ago, TheTallGuy said:

I forced updated it, but this did not solve the problem. Gonna try and connect it to another SATA power connector in case the one I'm using is bad...

Switching to another SATA power adapter did not solve the problem :(

Does it behave the same way when iCUE is NOT running? Because there are hardware profiles and software profiles with Corsair devices and it might do a difference.

Just now, Johnzilla97 said:

Does it behave the same way when iCUE is NOT running? Because there are hardware profiles and software profiles with Corsair devices and it might do a difference.

I turned off iCUE and its still acting weird :(

You can try the following things:

• Reinstall the driver - Go to Device Manager > locate the device > Uninstall device > Then Scan for hardware changes. It should reinstall it.
  • Plug it in other spare computer if you can and install iCUE in it - It may seen stupid but I once had a firmware problem with my keyboard and mouse (also from Corsair) and force update was always failing, I plug them in other computer I had, and the firmware install went fine.

If none of this works RMA it, probably you have a defective unit.

13 hours ago, Johnzilla97 said:

Reinstall the driver - Go to Device Manager > locate the device > Uninstall device > Then Scan for hardware changes. It should reinstall it.

I can't find it in the device manager, how is it called and in which category is it?

@Johnzilla97 I think I fixed the problem. I changed the cable going from the Lightning Node Pro to the LED's and right now nothing weird is happening and the colors seem to look a lot brighter.

When something weird starts happening again, I will let you know. So far it works.

2 minutes ago, TheTallGuy said:

Good to know you got it solved!

Some Corsair devices are a bit picky with the accessories you plug to them, that just proves it once more. :)