RTX 2070 Super vs Rx 5700 XT (Intel i5 9400F, 9600K and i7 8700)

Hello,

Here is my share from a friend that does alote benchmarks for some german magazine, he kindly gave me his excel of 16 games with alote CPUs, since I´m building a new PC, I selected only 8 games and 3 CPUs with a combo of 1 Nvidia and 1 AMD. Its a comon combo for a CPU range price in 140 to 320€ (not sure how much is in $). System was testes in professional way, trust  me.

I had the work to select and creat with excel this graph table. Hope u enjoy!

1080p on Ultra = BLUE

1440p on Ultra = Orange

v0yPrLx.jpg

lysJfz7.jpg

KpMr6iU.jpg

PrQzGeD.jpg

HkzsyTn.jpg

cQWRcz2.jpg

uun0nlG.jpg

u58TePI.jpg

Trading blows in most titles, pretty much expected for these cards

Knowing the testing methodology would be nice to be able to take more stock in these figures.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

Trading blows in most titles, pretty much expected for these cards

Knowing the testing methodology would be nice to be able to take more stock in these figures.

System used was besides the CPU/GPU:

- PSU Corsair RM750x

- G.SKILL Trident Z 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3600MHz CL16

- Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming

Both cards was provided by ASUS. Not sure what model but they aren´t reference models, they are OC I guess.

Not sure what cooling was used or how exactly was benched but he is pretty good, works alote with notebookcheck. Its a nice guy, he only gave me his data and I had to select it from, wasn´t easy since I had to select, create it. It also had  1% Low score but well, that would give me alote more work. The funny thing is that AMD suffers  alote more from 1% in the i7 that in the i5 series, anyways, as u said, its pretty what expected, AMD games will run AMD better, but I call this draw in terms of performance, all depends what games ppl play!

A side note, its funny how CPU can handle at 160€ price diference pretty close to each other. Gona try to compare with AMD. Alote works awaits me ?

But if I had to choose I would get a i5 9600K but if money is a thing, I belive the AMD 3600 or i5 9400F wouldn´t bottleneck the RTX 2070 Super or Rx 5700 XT.

I do belive that the AMD cards are getting better, he used the lastest drivers, he made some tweaks on the AMD side since he noticed some problems on the drivers.

Overall  with OC on the GPUs u get 5 to 10 FPS more, depending on what card.