My first pc

Kiksa

Hello everyone i have some questions.I'm planning on building my first pc but can't choose between I5 8400 or I5 9400F any opinion?

How much wats does power supply needs? Can i go with 650w or it needs more,also i wanna buy rx 590 with it so i need some help.Appreciate a lot?

550 watts will basically power any gaming rig with a single graphics card, and you should consider a Ryzen 5 3600. What does your budget look like?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

550 watts will basically power any gaming rig with a single graphics card, and you should consider a Ryzen 5 3600. What does your budget look like?

650 euros 

Neither - both i5s get absolutely cremated into oblivion by the R5 3600

And yes, 550W is plenty for any build - as long as it's a good quality unit

I would try out https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ , you can add up components, tells you their prices, and if there is also any compatibility issues, and it also tells you the amount of watts needed at the top right for the full system build, with just the I5 9400F added it says it needs 65W, overall when choosing power supplies, go a little higher on the wattage, for example if your system needs 650w, get a 750w PSU or maybe even a 850w. but I dont think your system would need that amount of power. 

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

Neither - both i5s get absolutely cremated into oblivion by the R5 3600

And yes, 550W is plenty for any build - as long as it's a good quality unit

should i take ryzen 5 3600 instead.I think its gonna work on high temperature cause i'mma be gaming alot

Just now, Kiksa said:

should i take ryzen 5 3600 instead.I think its gonna work on high temperature cause i'mma be gaming alot

Eeeerm no? The Ryzen 5 3600 uses less power AND runs cooler than both of those i5s - AMD has a more advanced, more powerful and more efficient architecture currently with Zen2 (Ryzen 3000)

This is a teensy bit overbudget, so you could get 2x4GB instead of 2x8 if you want to spend less, or go for an RX 580 instead since it's still quite good.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

650 watts is honestly overkill for most builds. rarely do they even need anything over 500 watts. I suggest goign more for liek a gold platnum or titanium 80+ PSU vs more wattage around 500 watts. 

as for the CPU. right now unless you are going at the absolute high end (IE a 9900k or kf) then AMD is the winner for gaming. R5 3600 is more efficient and more powerful than Intels i5 offerings. I run an i7 myself because at the time the 8700k was for the price the best option. if i were building today it would be a Ryzen 7 (i actually just built my son a pc and used a Ryzen 7 instead of an i7 for this reason) 

2 minutes ago, Kiksa said:

What about this one guys seems good too? https://de.pcpartpicker.com/b/wynH99

warning there is a B450 will need a bios update to accept the R5 3600 this means usually you need an older amd chip to preform the bios update to accept the new chip. 

alternatively you can get a x570 board which will already be able to out of the box take a R5 3600

2 minutes ago, G00fySmiley said:

warning there is a B450 will need a bios update to accept the R5 3600 this means usually you need an older amd chip to preform the bios update to accept the new chip. 

alternatively you can get a x570 board which will already be able to out of the box take a R5 3600

i will search more so i can get more for less money

yes... and no. Ryzen overclocks due to how the chiplets work there is a few settings to work with but its usually best to let the system handle most of it.

of note to improve performance Ryzen likes the fastest ememory possible so def don't skimp there. 

https://www.techspot.com/news/80912-amd-ryzen-3000-overclocking-youre-not-going-see.html

14 minutes ago, Kiksa said:

What about this one guys seems good too? https://de.pcpartpicker.com/b/wynH99

That guy has no pricing for the case, storage, etc and has a cheapo PSU so it won't fit in your budget and isn't the best choice anyway.

11 minutes ago, G00fySmiley said:

Well X570 takes this way out of budget, I'd sooner recommend a 2600 before an overly expensive motherboard. Also my recommended b450 gaming plus can update the BIOS without a CPU installed.

Also AMD lends a free boot kit for those with B450 boards and a proof of purchase

Primary PC:

25 minutes ago, Kiksa said:

Hello everyone i have some questions.I'm planning on building my first pc but can't choose between I5 8400 or I5 9400F any opinion?

How much wats does power supply needs? Can i go with 650w or it needs more,also i wanna buy rx 590 with it so i need some help.Appreciate a lot?

A few thoughts:

In terms of your budget and it being your first build, a ryzen 3600 would be the go to right now.  Not only possibly the best value CPU on the market right now, with a cooler included that will do great, but also there is no need to mess with any overclocking, just hook it up, mount the cooler and it will regulate itself based on your setup (power it gets from motherboard balanced against cooling).  That is the single best thing you can do for your build IMO.  I would take that over either of those intel chips.

I was powering a prior system (ryzen 2600 + 1660ti) on a 450w SFX power supply without any noticeable performance drops.  550 should be plenty to power anything in this price range.

Have fun!!!  Building a PC is fun, feels rewarding, and there is no better value/dollar way to get a system.  If you go to a store and buy a pre-built mac or PC, or order from a system integrator, you will be spending 15-30% more than what you are getting, and building a PC yourself is hand down the best value out there!  Also it is quite fun to tinker with.

Enjoy and GL!

El Zoido:  9900k + RTX 4090 / 32 gb 3600mHz RAM / z390 Aorus Master 

The Box:  3900x + RTX 3080 /  32 gb 3000mHz RAM / B550 MSI mortar 

4 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

That guy has no pricing for the case, storage, etc and has a cheapo PSU so it won't fit in your budget and isn't the best choice anyway.

Well X570 takes this way out of budget, I'd sooner recommend a 2600 before an overly expensive motherboard. Also my recommended b450 gaming plus can update the BIOS without a CPU installed.

Also AMD lends a free boot kit for those with B450 boards and a proof of purchase

All this above with the following caveat:

If you do go ryzen 3600, grab a board like F'n awesome sauce said above:  not an x570, as the premium price is too high on those.  A last generation board (B450), but grab one that has been pre-updated so you can drop the 3600 in rather than having to deal with instant flash or ordering a boot kit and waiting for it. (Tomahawk B450 MAX is an example, the MAX version is already compatible with ryzen 3000 series and is very reasonable price)

Just sayin, if it was my first PC build, I would not want to deal with multiple bios updates (some of those boards you have to update multiple times) and I might not even have known much about what a BIOS is, how to update, and wouldnt want to wait for a boot kit in the mail to get rolling.  Its his first build, make it easy on him.  

1 minute ago, Zberg said:

F'n awesome sauce

Nice

Primary PC:

Just now, Fasauceome said:

Nice

Every time I see your name I read it as "F-awesomesauce" and every time I see your sig I think about when I was debating about my ITX case and I think you recommended the SG13B haha

5 minutes ago, Zberg said:

Every time I see your name I read it as "F-awesomesauce"

Closer than most as to the pronunciation

5 minutes ago, Zberg said:

every time I see your sig I think about when I was debating about my ITX case and I think you recommended the SG13B haha

Gotta spread the good word

Primary PC:

40 minutes ago, G00fySmiley said:

Most B450 and X470 boards that have been being shipped out recently have had the new update, OP or anyone can just message/contact the seller to make sure it has the update before purchase. The last 3 B450 boards I've gotten have been Ryzen 3000 ready.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

On 8/26/2019 at 7:05 PM, Zberg said:

All this above with the following caveat:

If you do go ryzen 3600, grab a board like F'n awesome sauce said above:  not an x570, as the premium price is too high on those.  A last generation board (B450), but grab one that has been pre-updated so you can drop the 3600 in rather than having to deal with instant flash or ordering a boot kit and waiting for it. (Tomahawk B450 MAX is an example, the MAX version is already compatible with ryzen 3000 series and is very reasonable price)

Just sayin, if it was my first PC build, I would not want to deal with multiple bios updates (some of those boards you have to update multiple times) and I might not even have known much about what a BIOS is, how to update, and wouldnt want to wait for a boot kit in the mail to get rolling.  Its his first build, make it easy on him.  

what about some others b450 motherboards cause i cant find max version are others quite good as this motherboard or no?