quiet d5 pump?

Go to solution Solved by Hoppa,

so i have an xspc photon 170 pump/rez combo and the pump is to loud for my liking (im picky) is there something quieter than the standard d5 xspc pump it comes with? the pump has to be a d5 variant so it will be able to fit in the rez

Whether it's branded as a swiftech, koolance, or xspc, a D5 pump is a Laing D5 pump. They should be almost dead silent once you have fully bled your system.

EDIT: You don't need the pump running at 100%. You will get the same performance running at 50-75%

so i have an xspc photon 170 pump/rez combo and the pump is to loud for my liking (im picky) is there something quieter than the standard d5 xspc pump it comes with? the pump has to be a d5 variant so it will be able to fit in the rez

if you are reading this you are wasting valuable time and should maybe rethink your life choices.

Whether it's branded as a swiftech, koolance, or xspc, a D5 pump is a Laing D5 pump. They should be almost dead silent once you have fully bled your system.

EDIT: You don't need the pump running at 100%. You will get the same performance running at 50-75%

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

you have no real need to run your vario at max speed if its in your computer case.  turn it to 2 or 3 don't need to run it faster then that.

The d5 will always sound the same, it's still the same pump, but a different manufacturer. I've got the mcp655 and I'm running at 4th speed and it's really silent even at that speed.