xbox one through elgato through pc to twitch tv

HavacsJR

Ok guys just wondering what matters the most in getting my quality to run at 1080p at 60fps. Do I need a 8 core processor to handle it in my pc? Because every time I start the stream through xsplit it says your system may not be able to run 1080p smoothly. Is it saying this because of my processor? Witch it is a amd fx-4300? Lemme know what you think im a noob be nice.

Elgato is 30fps capture @ 1080p, it can capture 60fps at a max of 720p.

I see, no suggestions about processor?

Are you looking to upgrade your processor? Like above said, you're limited by your capture device so you'll never record at 60fps 1080 resolution. And yes, your cpu could potentially be a bottleneck. 8 core fx 8320's are on sale almost everywhere, you're looking at spending about 120$ for the upgrade. Sockets should be the same, so yes opt into a replacement and overclock for good measure. You can boost to 4.0ghz with a stock heatsink, it isn't ideal but you can. 

8320 @ 4.3ghz l Gigabyte 970a Ud3 l Hyper 212 Evo l R9 290 l 8gb RAM 1866 Vengeance l 1tb WD Black l 120gb Samsung Evo SSD l HX750 Gold PSU l 500d Arctic Case l Windows 8 OS l K65 and Blackwidow Keyboard l M65 and DeathAdder 2013 l Qck Steelseries l 24in Vizio Monitor 1080p

Ok guys just wondering what matters the most in getting my quality to run at 1080p at 60fps. Do I need a 8 core processor to handle it in my pc? Because every time I start the stream through xsplit it says your system may not be able to run 1080p smoothly. Is it saying this because of my processor? Witch it is a amd fx-4300? Lemme know what you think im a noob be nice.

More information would be nice. Internet speed, system specs, etc.

Generally, a high end CPU isn't necessary to stream console games as it's less CPU intensive than streaming a PC game. (PC obviously has to run the game AND stream whereas your console is running the game in this case) But, streaming at high resolutions, especially at high framerates does require a lot of bandwidth so you need to make sure your internet connection can handle playing the game (if it's online) and also streaming the game at the same time. You also need to make sure your bitrate is sufficient enough to handle the demands of those stream settings. I'd recommend looking at Twitch's own guide to streaming to find optimal settings.

Final note: I wouldn't recommend streaming at 1080p, especially 1080p 60FPS. Without a Twitch partnership, which is notoriously hard to get, people cannot choose a lower resolution when watching your stream. So, if they do not have a great internet connection or their ISP throttles, your stream will lag for them and they will leave. Most people don't watch streams fullscreen anyways, as they want to be able to see the chat, so I would recommend 720p 30FPS at most so that the majority of viewers can actually watch without lagging. Hope that helps.

Set your elgato settings to 720p 30FPS. Most midrange PC's cant handle 1080p streaming. Set the quality in the elgato setting to 720p with quality on best. 

PC Specs

Intel i5 4670k 4.2ghz @1.20v | Cooler Master 212 Plus | Asus z87-A | Fractal Design Define R4 |Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm HDD | 2x Samsung 840 EVO | Seasonic 520w m12II | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb DDR3 1600mhz | PowerColor 7870 GHz edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | NZXT Hue RGB Controller

Thanks guys this really helps. And for my Internet speeds they are download 115mb and upload 10mb. I just bought the fx 8350 so im sure this will help. And I think I will stream in 720p. Never really thought about other people's Internet sucking lol.

Thanks guys this really helps. And for my Internet speeds they are download 115mb and upload 10mb. I just bought the fx 8350 so im sure this will help. And I think I will stream in 720p. Never really thought about other people's Internet sucking lol.

Use OBS as well. I'll be glad to help you when you need to set it up. 

PC Specs

Intel i5 4670k 4.2ghz @1.20v | Cooler Master 212 Plus | Asus z87-A | Fractal Design Define R4 |Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm HDD | 2x Samsung 840 EVO | Seasonic 520w m12II | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb DDR3 1600mhz | PowerColor 7870 GHz edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | NZXT Hue RGB Controller