My USB 3 ports are not working!

F.E.A.R.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit SP1, and as of 2 years now, my USB 3 ports are not working (previously my older case had 1 USB port, my new one has 2). I can't seem too figure out what's the problem. I checked the drivers and they're all up to date (I don't have Windows updates turned off, so I usually update the system whenever there is an update). I went to the gigabyte page to download USB 3 drivers for my motherboard and it says that the drivers I'm about to install are old compare to the ones I already have. Is this a gigabyte problem or is there something on with my OS?

This is the motherboard that I'm using Gigabyte GA-H170M-D3H DDR3. I use a Kingston USB 3.1 Gen 1 USB Kingston DataTraveler 50. My USB file system is set from FAT32 to NTFS (just noting if it has any impact). 

"Tolerance is the lube that helps the dildo of dysfunction slip into the ass of a civilized society" - Plato 427-347 BC

"Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society" - Aristotle 384-322 BC

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment" - Lebiniz 1st of July 1646 - 14th of November 1716

1 hour ago, F.E.A.R. said:

I'm running Windows 7 64bit SP1, and as of 2 years now, my USB 3 ports are not working (previously my older case had 1 USB port, my new one has 2). I can't seem too figure out what's the problem. I checked the drivers and they're all up to date (I don't have Windows updates turned off, so I usually update the system whenever there is an update). I went to the gigabyte page to download USB 3 drivers for my motherboard and it says that the drivers I'm about to install are old compare to the ones I already have. Is this a gigabyte problem or is there something on with my OS?

This is the motherboard that I'm using Gigabyte GA-H170M-D3H DDR3. I use a Kingston USB 3.1 Gen 1 USB Kingston DataTraveler 50. My USB file system is set from FAT32 to NTFS (just noting if it has any impact). 

Does the USB ports work in BIOS?

Your motherboard has more than one USB3.0 header. Did you try the other? Did you check if it's connected securely?

1 hour ago, 1x11x222 said:

Does the USB ports work in BIOS?

Never really checked since I don't mess with the BIOS.

1 hour ago, Windows7ge said:

Your motherboard has more than one USB3.0 header. Did you try the other? Did you check if it's connected securely?

Well my PC came pre built so in my old case which had only one USB 3 port, didn't work. I'm not the one who replaced my computer parts in my new case, the technician did. So I guess he should have connected them I guess. 

"Tolerance is the lube that helps the dildo of dysfunction slip into the ass of a civilized society" - Plato 427-347 BC

"Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society" - Aristotle 384-322 BC

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment" - Lebiniz 1st of July 1646 - 14th of November 1716

1 hour ago, F.E.A.R. said:

Well my PC came pre built so in my old case which had only one USB 3 port, didn't work. I'm not the one who replaced my computer parts in my new case, the technician did. So I guess he should have connected them I guess. 

I would say check if plugging a device into one of those ports registers in the BIOS. If it doesn't show up I'd suspect either:

A) The controller is disabled.

B) The controller is dead.

Unless you're willing to get you hands in there and check things physically those are the only conclusions I can draw.

10 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

I would say check if plugging a device into one of those ports registers in the BIOS. If it doesn't show up I'd suspect either:

A) The controller is disabled.

B) The controller is dead.

Unless you're willing to get you hands in there and check things physically those are the only conclusions I can draw.

As of now it registers the USB, however as a USB 2.0. Windows keeps telling me to connect my USB to a super fast 3.0 USB. I've also tested the speed, to see if there's any difference and it's actually the same 2.0 speed on all ports. I need to find my manual from my motherboard to enter my BIOS because I don't know which key it is I'll also check things physically.