How far can I overclock Ryzen 3 2200g w/ stock cooler?

hippity_hoppity

So, im willing to overclock the CPU hopefully 3.8ghz-4ghz (not sure yet), will it be okay for the wraith stealth? How loud will it be? I really don't wanna risk this tbh 

If u dont wanna risk it then just dont do it :D Ocing with the stock cooler is never the best idea even tho the ryzen coolers are way better then the intel ones 

26 minutes ago, hippity_hoppity said:

So, im willing to overclock the CPU hopefully 3.8ghz-4ghz (not sure yet), will it be okay for the wraith stealth? How loud will it be? I really don't wanna risk this tbh 

I overclocked my brother in laws 2200g to 3.7ghz on all 4 cores with the stock cooler. I believe with stock settings it 'boosts' to 3.7ghz on 1-2 cores?

I felt it to be the 'sweet spot' as far as remaining relatively cool (below 70C under full load) with a bit of a performance boost. I also modestly overclocked the igpu by +100mhz, I believe. Personally, I wouldn't go over that with the wraith cooler.

1 minute ago, steelo said:

I overclocked my brother in laws 2200g to 3.7ghz on all cores with the stock cooler. I felt it to be the 'sweet spot' as far as remaining relatively cool with a bit of a performance boost. Personally, I wouldn't go over that with the wraith cooler.

and that which is the max boost frequency of it

dont expect much to go any far than 3.8 with barely safe voltage because most of the 3.9 to 4.+ GHz clockspeeds that i saw (surely on YT, where else) were with aftermarket coolers and not reaching 1.425v

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

8 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

and that which is the max boost frequency of it

dont expect much to go any far than 3.8 with barely safe voltage because most of the 3.9 to 4.+ GHz clockspeeds that i saw (surely on YT, where else) were with aftermarket coolers and not reaching 1.425v

I do not believe Ryzen 2200g utilizes all cores @ 3.7ghz under stock settings. I think it's 1-2 cores scaling to 3.7ghz under full load 

5 minutes ago, steelo said:

I don't believe Ryzen's stock settings 'boost' utilizes all cores though @ 3.7ghz

I forgot that, you're right :

3.7 on single core temporarily (stock settings) vs on all cores

mhm so for a stock cooler setup that is about the best the average consumer can get (@steelo's overclock).

Edited by Ordinarily_Greater
yeah that part

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

21 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

I forgot that, you're right :

3.7 on single core temporarily (stock settings) vs on all cores

mhm so for a stock cooler setup that is about the best the average consumer can get (@steelo's overclock).

I've seen videos of users getting 3.8-3.9 but I wasn't comfortable with the CPU running in the high 70's-80's for a minuscule boost in performance.

2 hours ago, steelo said:

I overclocked my brother in laws 2200g to 3.7ghz on all 4 cores with the stock cooler. I believe with stock settings it 'boosts' to 3.7ghz on 1-2 cores?

I felt it to be the 'sweet spot' as far as remaining relatively cool (below 70C under full load) with a bit of a performance boost. I also modestly overclocked the igpu by +100mhz, I believe. Personally, I wouldn't go over that with the wraith cooler.

Right, so basically in your experience, how was the quietness of your PC? Also, you're saying I can overclock on all 4 cores to 3.7ghz with temperatures below 70C? Wow, not bad

6 minutes ago, hippity_hoppity said:

Right, so basically in your experience, how was the quietness of your PC? Also, you're saying I can overclock on all 4 cores to 3.7ghz with temperatures below 70C? Wow, not bad

A lot of it depends on the case and its fans. The wraith cooler itself isn't loud at all.