New motherboard and cpu

I want to upgrade my current system from (core i5 3350p). 3700X or 3800X (not sure which one makes more sense. 16 gb of RAM. Good, quiet cooler. 

However I have a problem with motherboard. I’m looking for something with Intel Ethernet port, nvmie ssd support and 2 usb 3.1 gen 2 (this really fast port).

I would go for x570 but I don’t want any fans on my motherboard. Can you recommend me something that makes sense for this cpu and requirements? 

As as for overclocking I’m not really sure if I want to waste time on that. I’d probably stick with 3600 MHz RAM. 

Edit: keep in might that in future I’d like to upgrade to something 12 core (or 16 if possible)

5 minutes ago, Adures said:

Intel Ethernet port

can you explain this one?

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

can you explain this one?

Intel LAN

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

not what i meant... I'm curious why

Bullzoid also says prefers uses intel gigabit ports over the alternative, they work better / more reliable or something.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

not what i meant... I'm curious why

I’m sending a lot of files to my NAS. On Windows Realtek is fine, but on Linux I usually had some problems with them. 

2 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Bullzoid also says prefers uses intel gigabit ports over the alternative, they work better / more reliable or something.

yeah... but that's mostly because he had driver problems a couple years ago...

1 minute ago, Adures said:

I’m sending a lot of files to my NAS. On Windows Realtek is fine, but on Linux I usually had some problems with them. 

ah, that explains it... I'll take a look what i can find

the b450 pro carbon seems to have intel lan and would be able to hold that, how's that one?

21 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

the b450 pro carbon seems to have intel lan and would be able to hold that, how's that one?

Would be fine but low availability in my region makes it 200 + euro. Is it worth it with the price tag? 

58 minutes ago, Adures said:

I want to upgrade my current system from (core i5 3350p). 3700X or 3800X (not sure which one makes more sense. 16 gb of RAM. Good, quiet cooler. 

makes sense? What are you doing? Gaming/Streaming/Graphics Editting/VMs?

budget?

https://i.redd.it/58am663beh931.png This is a decent look at the VRM comparisons of AM4 boards

25 minutes ago, Adures said:

Would be fine but low availability in my region makes it 200 + euro. Is it worth it with the price tag? 

not really... any options you found yourself so far?

1 hour ago, LukeSavenije said:

not really... any options you found yourself so far?

What do you thing about asrock x470 master Sli?

2 hours ago, thx1138 said:

makes sense? What are you doing? Gaming/Streaming/Graphics Editting/VMs?

budget?

https://i.redd.it/58am663beh931.png This is a decent look at the VRM comparisons of AM4 boards

I mean, if it makes sense I can pay 200 + euro for motherboard, I’d rather spend less, but I don’t have fixed budget. As I said, in future I want to be able to put more powerful 12 or 16 core CPU to to this motherboard. 

Gaming, VMs, programming. 

4 minutes ago, Adures said:

What do you thing about asrock x470 master Sli?

I'd say no, I'd actually even do that pro carbon over it

8 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

I'd say no, I'd actually even do that pro carbon over it

What about Gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO?

2 minutes ago, Adures said:

What about Gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO?

would technically work, but gigabyte's vrm wasn't that good at the time

12 hours ago, Adures said:

i've built 2 new ryzen systems with the MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC...the price tag was definitely worth it to me. it is probably the king of B450 boards. Good feature set, strong VRMs, and it maxes out my 3700x. 

Regardless, if you don't go X570,  just make sure the B450/X470 has bios flashback (i.e., can update bios with usb flashdrive and without CPU installed). MSI B450 Pro Carbon AC has this too.

List of AM4 boards with bios flashback:

https://premiumbuilds.com/motherboards/list-of-motherboards-with-usb-bios-flashback/

Ryzen 3700x w/ Arctic Cooling 34 eSports DUO || MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC || GSkill DDR4 3200 CL14 @ 3600 16-16-16 || EVGA 2070 XC Gaming || WD Black 1T NVME, WD Black 2T 7200 rpm || EVGA SuperNova 750 G1+

I really like the above mentioned MSI Motherboards. BIOS Flashback is a must if you don't have a 1st or 2nd ryzen, or don't wanna deal with the AM4 Boot deal that AMD has.

I would mention.....that if you are gonna go 16 core...you should either wait a bit...or buy a 3600 now...and then upgrade.....

Level1Techs is super excited about pcie 4.....If going for a full 16core 32thread with VMs...might be worth going x570?

3 hours ago, thx1138 said:

I really like the above mentioned MSI Motherboards. BIOS Flashback is a must if you don't have a 1st or 2nd ryzen, or don't wanna deal with the AM4 Boot deal that AMD has.

I would mention.....that if you are gonna go 16 core...you should either wait a bit...or buy a 3600 now...and then upgrade.....

Level1Techs is super excited about pcie 4.....If going for a full 16core 32thread with VMs...might be worth going x570?

Absolutely go X570 if you're going to upgrade to the 3950x. It will require a lot of juice to power that. 

Ryzen 3700x w/ Arctic Cooling 34 eSports DUO || MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC || GSkill DDR4 3200 CL14 @ 3600 16-16-16 || EVGA 2070 XC Gaming || WD Black 1T NVME, WD Black 2T 7200 rpm || EVGA SuperNova 750 G1+

Ok, sorry for late reply. I wasn't available.  

I can go x570, but I am worried that the fan on the motherboard will be problematic. I kept my current platform for 7-8 years now and want to to the same with my new setup. These fans on the motherboards look cheap and I'm worried about their longevity and how loud will they become after few years of work. 

But, ;et's say i go x570. Which ones are work buying?