Need help setting up the Audio Speakers for my desktop PC

Go to solution Solved by raju1010,
On 8/24/2019 at 1:12 AM, Derkoli said:

This is what i'm looking for, sadly amazon won't ship this to India, i'm gonna search for this on local site, Thank You. 

I've a couple of 90W speakers and 150W sub woofer from LG. I want to connect these speakers to my desktop pc which has a MSI X370 Gaming Plus Motherboard. The problem is the speakers are pure wired, i mean there are no connectors, it just plain old red and black wire and sub woofer is also like this. So How can i connect these speakers to my PC, should i use a 2.1 amplifier? if i should, can you recommend one in a budget? and what is the usual output power from the back end Audio Connectors of the motherboard. Please help me.

You could slap some 2.5mm mono plugs on those wires and just plug em all in.  Some plugs will have spots to route the speaker wire though for easier installation.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

Can you link the speaker setup?

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

12 hours ago, nick name said:

You could slap some 2.5mm mono plugs on those wires and just plug em all in.  Some plugs will have spots to route the speaker wire though for easier installation.  

i can solder a 3.5mm jack to the wires and plug them into my motherboard, but is my motherboard is sufficient enough to drive a 2*90W speakers and also a sub woofer, i'm using a MSI X370 Gaming Plus motherboard

16 hours ago, raju1010 said:

i can solder a 3.5mm jack to the wires and plug them into my motherboard, but is my motherboard is sufficient enough to drive a 2*90W speakers and also a sub woofer, i'm using a MSI X370 Gaming Plus motherboard

Definitely not, you'll need an amp.

15 hours ago, raju1010 said:

Your mobo is defo NOT powerful enough to power them. Your mobo will output 0.1 watts at best. You need a 2.1 amplifier which can be had for pretty cheap. Like this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hi-Fi-Audio-Digital-Stereo-Amplifier/dp/B00WS5FOAQ/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?keywords=2.1+amplifier&qid=1566589249&s=gateway&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyQVdSS0NaVVNCWThXJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDEyNTIxMzFXOFdTUjhROEZVMiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwOTk4NDExWUFJTUtERDRaV1cxJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

No, don't solder a 3.5mm onto powered speakers!!

You have passive speakers which require a speaker amplifier to power.

There's no way around this.

19 hours ago, theonlyratatoskr said:

No, don't solder a 3.5mm onto powered speakers!!

You have passive speakers which require a speaker amplifier to power.

There's no way around this.

these are really good amps, but none of these have sub woofer output, anyway i'm gonna do some little research for the sub woofer output or i'm order Derkoli suggested, Thank You

On 8/24/2019 at 1:12 AM, Derkoli said:

This is what i'm looking for, sadly amazon won't ship this to India, i'm gonna search for this on local site, Thank You. 

On 8/25/2019 at 5:53 AM, raju1010 said:

Happy to help. :)

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)