Issues with Chrome and Discord crashing whenever opened

So over the past week, whenever I've been trying to open either Chrome or Discord, they have been crashing/closing down without warning. I've reinstalled them both, ran a malware scan over my entire computer and nothing was found, but they still will not work. If anyone could help me out, it would be appreciated.

Thank you, Toddy.

dfdf#

1 hour ago, wojtepanik said:

hey, you can always check windows event log, there should be some info :)

Hi, I did this and it showed a few errors - this is one of them - Activation context generation failed for "C:\Users\toddh\AppData\Local\chromium\Application\chrome.exe". Dependent Assembly 51.0.2672.0,language="*",type="win32",version="51.0.2672.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis. - I don't really understand this kind of stuff, if you do, could you please 'put it into english'. There wasn't one for Discord, but one for Chrome - I can deduce that much. Thanks, Todd

dfdf#

6 minutes ago, ToddyWoody said:

Hi, I did this and it showed a few errors - this is one of them - Activation context generation failed for "C:\Users\toddh\AppData\Local\chromium\Application\chrome.exe". Dependent Assembly 51.0.2672.0,language="*",type="win32",version="51.0.2672.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis. - I don't really understand this kind of stuff, if you do, could you please 'put it into english'. There wasn't one for Discord, but one for Chrome - I can deduce that much. Thanks, Todd

Just reinstall windows, this will be the quickest :)

1 minute ago, wojtepanik said:

Ok, will do, thanks a bunch!

dfdf#

3 hours ago, wojtepanik said:

Yep, I've been trying to reset it for 3 hours - will having an illegitimate version of windows have something to do with it?

dfdf#

14 hours ago, ToddyWoody said:

Yep, I've been trying to reset it for 3 hours - will having an illegitimate version of windows have something to do with it?

for sure could be lacking some files.