Ryzen 3000 users! Please read

If you guys are having issues hitting your max turbo speeds under one core loads please come here and fill out this survey. The more people who do this perhaps Amd will fix this issue. Many of you probably already know that Reddit and even overclock.net is filled of users complaining about not reaching their max turbo speeds under any load. 

This is not a endorsement or anything like that the simple truth is these guys work with Amd directly and if they have a large enough sample size perhaps Amd will care more. 

4 minutes ago, SMBGUY said:

If you guys are having issues hitting your max turbo speeds under one core loads please come here and fill out this survey. The more people who do this perhaps Amd will fix this issue. Many of you probably already know that Reddit and even overclock.net is filled of users complaining about not reaching their max turbo speeds under any load. 

This is not a enforcement or anything like that the simple truth is these guys work with Amd directly and if they have a large enough sample size perhaps Amd will care more. 

Seems to be motherboard issue.

1 minute ago, SMBGUY said:

Well the thing is i personally talked to a Gigabyte rep and they claim its on Amd's end and their latest AGESA i will provide a link down below. 

https://www.overclock.net/forum/10-amd-cpus/1728758-strictly-technical-matisse-not-really-65.html

My name is Polkfan over their

Gigabyte's BIOSes are still horrid on AM4 so I wouldn't trust anyone over there, especially after HW Unboxed's video

31 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Gigabyte's BIOSes are still horrid on AM4 so I wouldn't trust anyone over there, especially after HW Unboxed's video

I own the Asrock X370 Tachi and i can say i never seen Asrock people in the forums also according to techspots video Gigabyte is the only manufacture who hit the max 4550mhz in boost.  

2 minutes ago, SMBGUY said:

I own the Asrock X370 Tachi and i can say i never seen Asrock people in the forums also according to techspots video Gigabyte is the only manufacture who hit the max 4550mhz in boost.  

Exactly - the rep you mentioned is clearly bullshitting considering their higher end boards have no issue but everything else is fucked - Gigabyte simply has crap BIOSes for the most part and they're making excuses to not fix their entry level and midrange stuff

Please note the creator of Ryzen Calculator also commented on the forums and said its the AGESA and that Amd changed the SMU settings which results in lower turbos by around 50-100mhz if not worse. 

Not saying motherboard manufactures can't do more(please note i never owned a Gigabyte board) but Amd also changed settings for some reason i have no idea why and either does anyone else but Amd. 

I can tell you i see issues as well on my board for example if i enable auto OC and set it to 200mhz i actually get a lower frequency then if i set auto OC to 0mhz. 

Memory overclocking is amazing however with my board running low timings and 3600mhz with my SOC voltage at just 1V and it passed memtest at over 1500% coverage(test took 10 hours)

Sorry to say I can't relate... I'm getting 4.2 all core OC at 1.3v on my 3600. (using an ASRock B450M Steel Legend)

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

I'm still waiting for a better BIOS update from MSI before I even start trying to OC.... Currently still running the first beta bios that added 3000 support.

Edit : Just updated to the "newer" (old by nearly a month by now) bios.... Somehow my base clock went from 3.6 to 4.2 in Windows with the core voltage at 1.344V. according to CPU-Z.... The fuck happened there. I didn't even touch the overclocking tab other than enabling a-xmp...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro