please help with internet bug

leo67011

Recently, when i have downloaded games ive been getting terrible download speeds, when i download from mega i get under 1mbps (normally i get at least 20)

it wasn't too much of a problem because i mostly download small files, and thought it was a mega problem, but when i went on steam and tried to reinstall pubg, i am getting a constant 1.7mbps it never goes down or up, its not my hard drive or my ssd, and it rarely dips to 1.7 this spreads to pretty much all my applications  origin, bit torrent etc etc.  ive changed my dns, reset my router.   

I use ethernet and my internet is normally 50mbps+ i dont know what else to try

my isp is bt(uk), i use win10 (newest update)

i have a gigabyte ud  mobo

i59400f

rtx 2060

24gb ram

1tb hdd

500gb ssd

my os is on my hd (yes i know i just haven't got round to reinstalling yet)

ive also been getting weird ping spikes ive never got (0 ping  to 70+)

any help? if anyone knows how to get a download speed graph from steam let me know.

edit : i changed the steam servers to other countries and i still get the exact same with little variencek

-Locked-

OP, please have patience, and try not to double post- there are people here who are knowledgeable on networking, but they may just not be on right now.

If no one replies within a day or two, feel free to try again.

Also, rid of any references to piracy and related activities. 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P