Budget PC Build Plan! Parts and your thoughts?

1 minute ago, trevb0t said:

You'll have to forgive me, I don't know what @5x5's advice is on the subject.

Without access to a retailer you'd like to use in your area, it would be hard to give good advice.

In short, I was commenting that MSI is heavily overpriced here and the only option for a laptop that fits the budget would be a Y530/540 bit since most gaming laptops are loud, the OPs hearing issue might make them borderline unusable. Unless he spends a lot for a high end heavy quieter one or a business laptop which top out at about 40db(A)

21 minutes ago, goshot said:

Стига да е 40 децибела е добре.

Как така 2600 идва с по-слабия охладител, а 1600 с по-добрия?

Спестяват пари. На 1600 му идваше прекалено добър и се усетиха че 2600/3600 може да ги пуснат с по малкия без да има проблем. За това викам 1600 е много на оферта при теб.

Но за лаптоп който работи под 46-50 децибела и върти игри минимума ще е около 2000-2200лв

2 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

In short, I was commenting that MSI is heavily overpriced here and the only option for a laptop that fits the budget would be a Y530/540 bit since most gaming laptops are loud, the OPs hearing issue might make them borderline unusable. Unless he spends a lot for a high end heavy quieter one or a business laptop which top out at about 40db(A)

Ah I see. I agree that MSI is not the most cost effective manufacturer. In the US on amazon, they frequently have pretty good deals on models that are now a couple years backdated. (as the link I posted indicates. An i7 and pretty much any discrete gaming GPU for under $700 is a pretty solid deal in the laptop world.)

But really I just linked that to show that a laptop could be a reachable goal.

When I was in school I bought a desktop, which quickly stopped being used for school work, since it had zero mobility, and I opted for a low end laptop a bit later on.

In retrospect, just going in on a solid laptop would have been the better option for me.

1 minute ago, trevb0t said:

Ah I see. I agree that MSI is not the most cost effective manufacturer. In the US on amazon, they frequently have pretty good deals on models that are now a couple years backdated. (as the link I posted indicates. An i7 and pretty much any discrete gaming GPU for under $700 is a pretty solid deal in the laptop world.)

When I was in school I bought a desktop, which quickly stopped being used for school work, since it had zero mobility, and I opted for a low end laptop a bit later on.

In retrospect, just going in on a solid laptop would have been the better option for me.

Thing is - in order to get a laptop that is silent under load (since this is a must in this case) - we're looking at 1300$ or more here. That's basically over double the budget

30 minutes ago, trevb0t said:

As mentioned above by 5x5, i'm looking for a silent PC/Laptop, and such laptops are outside of my budget.

But, since my school work isn't very hardware demanding, i can get a low end laptop, that i won't game on, in the future, specifically to show off my school projects and keep notes. So imma keep your advice in mind that there are some older decent laptops out there.

Also the mobility aspect isn't that important for me atm, and building a PC is generally cheaper so imma stick to a PC for now.

Still thanks for your advice!

36 minutes ago, goshot said:

As mentioned above by 5x5, i'm looking for a silent PC/Laptop, and such laptops are outside of my budget.

But, since my school work isn't very hardware demanding, i can get a low end laptop, that i won't game on, in the future, specifically to show off my school projects and keep notes. So imma keep your advice in mind that there are some older decent laptops out there.

Also the mobility aspect isn't that important for me atm, and building a PC is generally cheaper so imma stick to a PC for now.

Still thanks for your advice!

Now that you mention it - a used/refurbished business laptop for school is easy to do.In the future, when needed, an older ThinkPad X240 or T440 would be a cheap solution for mobility - they're good for basic use (old low-power i5s , 8GB RAM and 128-256GB SSDs). They're also quiet and enough for word processing and basic productivity. They are readily available with 12 month warranties here as well and prices are 400-500 BGN. The downsides are, of course, no real graphics power (can't run CS:GO at more than 25 fps :/) and the screens are rather...crappy but for school it's usable and cheap while also being quiet and reliable.

Example: https://www.kvantservice.com/product/lenovo-thinkpad-x240-14322/

https://www.kvantservice.com/product/lenovo-thinkpad-t440-14107/

2 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Now that you mention it - a used/refurbished business laptop for school is easy to do.In the future, when needed, an older ThinkPad X240 or T440 would be a cheap solution for mobility - they're good for basic use (old low-power i5s , 8GB RAM and 128-256GB SSDs). They're also quiet and enough for word processing and basic productivity. They are readily available with 12 month warranties here as well and prices are 400-500 BGN. The downsides are, of course, no real graphics power (can't run CS:GO at more than 25 fps :/) and the screens are rather...crappy but for school it's usable and cheap while also being quiet and reliable.

Example: https://www.kvantservice.com/product/lenovo-thinkpad-x240-14322/

https://www.kvantservice.com/product/lenovo-thinkpad-t440-14107/

Are the screens poor because they use TN panels?

The only other thing that might be a problem is the SSD lifespan, but most SSDs have about 100TBW so it isn't that bad. As long as the SSD wasn't used for anything like moving huge files around and a lot, It should be fine.

Thanks for the link :D

Just now, goshot said:

Are the screens poor because they use TN panels?

The only other thing that might be a problem is the SSD lifespan, but most SSDs have about 100TBW so it isn't that bad. As long as the SSD wasn't used for anything like moving huge files around and a lot, It should be fine.

Thanks for the link :D

Most of them are form various companies that buy hundreds or thousands of units and rotate them every 3-4 years. Hence, there's usually minimal wear on the drive. Small retailers buy them out at super cheap prices (50-150 BGN) and sell them for a big profit. For example, a company will usually sell their last gen T450 for 150 BGN and it will be picked up by Kvant, Subi or Izot and sold for 600-800 BGN depending on the state and specs.

As for the screens - low resolution, cheap TNs, yes - pretty ugly colour reproduction and very bad contrast - but for basic use, passable.

@5x5 I'm still wondering about the 2400G... It'll save me 350 BGN now, and if i decide later to upgrade with a GPU i can do it, but the CPU won't be that good.
Another issue i found out with the APU is that it only has 8 PCIe lanes if im not mistaken. The SSD imma go with - the Adata XPG SX6000 Pro is a m.2 drive and uses 4 PCIe lanes. That leaves 4 PCIe lanes right? Will that be enough for a future GPU upgrade with this CPU? Also what are chipset lanes?

2 minutes ago, goshot said:

@5x5 I'm still wondering about the 2400G... It'll save me 350 BGN now, and if i decide later to upgrade with a GPU i can do it, but the CPU won't be that good.
Another issue i found out with the APU is that it only has 8 PCIe lanes if im not mistaken. The SSD imma go with - the Adata XPG SX6000 Pro is a m.2 drive and uses 4 PCIe lanes. That leaves 4 PCIe lanes right? Will that be enough for a future GPU upgrade with this CPU? Also what are chipset lanes?

Chooser lanes are additional ones from the motherboard that are used by most expansion devices such as SSDs, sound cards and etc. But to be honest, the 2400G will be a mistake in my opinion. The Vega GPU will leave you wanting more and you find yourself getting a card quite quickly but will be stick with the slower CPU. Just not worth the experimental hassle.  You could look for a used 1060 for 150-200BGN If 350 seems much. Hardware.bg forums have a classified section with lots of responsible users selling their older cards.

2 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Chooser lanes are additional ones from the motherboard that are used by most expansion devices such as SSDs, sound cards and etc. But to be honest, the 2400G will be a mistake in my opinion. The Vega GPU will leave you wanting more and you find yourself getting a card quite quickly but will be stick with the slower CPU. Just not worth the experimental hassle.  You could look for a used 1060 for 150-200BGN If 350 seems much. Hardware.bg forums have a classified section with lots of responsible users selling their older cards.

I've checked there for rx570s adn 580s but most ive seen were used for mining cryptocurrencies.
I wouldn't like to get a heavily used card like that and for it to die prematurely.

Just now, goshot said:

I've checked there for rx570s adn 580s but most ive seen were used for mining cryptocurrencies.
I wouldn't like to get a heavily used card like that and for it to die prematurely.

That's why I said look for a 1060 or the sorts there. The forum classifieds section gets updated daily.

1 hour ago, 5x5 said:

That's why I said look for a 1060 or the sorts there. The forum classifieds section gets updated daily.

I'll check, even though i have to check reviews again for each of the sold GPUs, which is a hassle.

Btw i checked the monitor on the review site you sent https://pcmonitors.info/aoc/aoc-22v2q-24v2q-and-27v2q-elegant-full-hd-ips-models/ and iit doesn't say much, it just recites some specifications, they haven't tested it themselves.

2 hours ago, goshot said:

I'll check, even though i have to check reviews again for each of the sold GPUs, which is a hassle.

Btw i checked the monitor on the review site you sent https://pcmonitors.info/aoc/aoc-22v2q-24v2q-and-27v2q-elegant-full-hd-ips-models/ and iit doesn't say much, it just recites some specifications, they haven't tested it themselves.

Well, that's usually enough to make an educated guess but the most reliable way is to see a monitor in person. Try going to a local store and just perusing the displays to see what panels you like and dont like. One way to go about it :D

9 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Well, that's usually enough to make an educated guess but the most reliable way is to see a monitor in person. Try going to a local store and just perusing the displays to see what panels you like and dont like. One way to go about it :D

Well i don't think i can see the monitor i want anywhere, so i hope 230 cd/m^2 is enough brightness for me

51 minutes ago, goshot said:

Well i don't think i can see the monitor i want anywhere, so i hope 230 cd/m^2 is enough brightness for me

230 nits is fine for a large display - especially a matte one. If it's glossy then get some curtains :D

@5x5 The motherboard i was just about to order sold out.... help...

it's the msi b450 gaming plus

@5x5 The motherboard i was just about to order sold out.... help...

it's the msi b450 gaming plus

Get the ASRock B450 Pro4

It should be cheaper and the firmware is a notch better

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

Get the ASRock B450 Pro4

I wanted that board because of the better VRMs and the extras like debugging leds and other stuff.
Do you think they'll restock at all?

3 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Get the ASRock B450 Pro4

The shop i was about to buy it from is plasico, do they restock?

3 minutes ago, goshot said:

The shop i was about to buy it from is plasico, do they restock?

Пласидо са гръцки магазин ако не се лъжа. Аз лично хич не ги харесвам и бих те насочил към нашенски с добра репутация като desktop.bg или ardes

3 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Пласидо са гръцки магазин ако не се лъжа. Аз лично хич не ги харесвам и бих те насочил към нашенски с добра репутация като desktop.bg или ardes

Ама и двата тези сайта са с доста по надути цени

Ама и двата тези сайта са с доста по надути цени

Погледни във емаг и варио също. Като цяло са им по високи цените но са коректни. Не мога да кажа същото за пласико.

5 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Погледни във емаг и варио също. Като цяло са им по високи цените но са коректни. Не мога да кажа същото за пласико.

Защо не ти харесва пласико?